web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
When you have this up and running are you going to post the telephone number ? It's a fair exchange ! Let us know . Thanks smile

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
You bet I would post the number if I had this working correctly. I would like all of you to see what you helped me accomplish.

Are you saying when a call comes in and hits the IVR you than want the option to call back out on a vacant line? A switch hook flash isn't going to work as far as the lines on the T-1 go, unless you change them to Centrex, or your lines have 3 way calling. If you have 24 numbers with 24 different options you won't have any spare lines to go back out on. Don't think I'm following what you want to do. Define transfering calls, transfering to where? In system or out of system?

Retired phone dude
TDS Offline
why not just buy a phone systen and a voicemail systerm with ivr this will do what you want plus more

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Ever consider hirng a professional to make this work?

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I already have a channel bank, a modem bank and a T1 line. So far all the IVR features work with the exception of transferring. To me it would not make sense to start over with new equipment when all of this is working well so far. Another aspect is cost. The method I am using is far more cost effective. I know, I have priced some professional equipment. I sortof have a bit of a budget I have to adhere to. A new phone system plus and IVR console plus, plus, plus. Far too much than I can really afford at this time.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Besides all of that, I do have the T1 installed at my location and they want their money every month. So in other words, it is kind of too late for me to rethink everything this late in the game.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
To answer upstateny's question: The only part of the system that I am still experiencing difficulty with is the call transferring. As far as hiring a pro to make this work......I have access to all the professionals anyone could ever ask for right here in this forum. Hands down the best advice and help anyone could find in one place.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
To answer "justbill's" question. Yes, I'm saying that when a call comes in it hits the IVR then if a caller desires they can be transferred out of the system by pressing "0" or some such. The calls I would anticipate would be transferred off premises. Probably remote workers and field branches. If I need vacant lines to do transferring with, I have no problem in not filling the entire set of 24 lines. Instead, I could allocate a couple of lines just for transferring. Since it is the weekend and I cannot call XO, I don't know if 3 way calling is available on my lines. If it is, then the transfer method I need to use will work ok. I think. Additionally, I would perhaps want to transfer a call or two inside the system. How would I transfer a call inside the system? What I mean is, could I transfer a call from one T1 line number to another? Is there a code for that or something? Like a caller calls in, I pick up the phone and say "One moment, I'll transfer you." Could I keep the caller on the line and then dial something like *89 and access an empty T1 line and make another call?

Since everything but call transfer is working , how about posting the telephone number to your IVR server ? It's a small request considering all the free help you have received ! We all want to be able to listen to the fruits of our labor ! So come on post that number , we won't choose the transfer option . :shrug:

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,723 Shoretel
189,765 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024