web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hello All, I contacted Repent and he gave me a .reg file that enters the necessary settings into your registry to be able to connect to your Ultramail Admin server. It works like a charm and I can now use the program after it not working for several months. Please mail Repent or myself through the board (or PM) if you're interested in the file. You have to edit it first to point to the IP of your server and you also have to enter the name of the computer from which you'll be accessing the server. It's very simple and it works without opening any ports on your computer's personal firewall. Thanks very much to Repent for figuring this out and for sharing his fix.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi All,

First time poster here.. I could use a hand with the same problem, and would love to know Repent's solution.

Of course, he posted over a year ago, and if he's not around.. well, editing his post sorta obviates the use of a forum for solving these problems.

Mac, I fully understand the board's policy on not posting logins, PWs, IPs, etc. to public threads. Makes perfect sense to me. But program- (not user-) specific registry settings is a little draconian. I know it's OT, but could you shed some light on that policy?

PM Sent.

You have to make sure you have the dial-up connection setup right. Even when you connect with a serial cable or the network. Look in the document folder there is an HTML Document that shows the step by step instruction.

Is there a way for me to get a copy of that registry key as well?

--Tracy

Can I get a copy....

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
message sent to eriway

The following has been reviewed and approved for posting by one of our NEC moderators. The password information has been omitted per board guidelines. Hopefully this will help you guys:

Originally posted by Repent:

Ok so I got Ultramail working on two separate workstations. One is my laptop, the other a fresh install of XP I setup on a test workstation. I am posting my resolution here so hopefully it will help others.

This is what I observed during testing:
Name of workstation (W/S) doesn't matter. The manual says you have to use "UltraMail" Notice the caps on the "U" and the "M". Not true. I used "Bedrock"

Username when installing UM doesn't matter. I used "Fred Flintstone"

PASSWORD when installing DOES MATTER. MUST use
[Password and format information removed per board guidelines.]

When you first successfully launch and get into UM, the registry values are written to your computer. These values contain the IP address you are pointing to, the W/S name you are on, the username, and password. I got into the registry and changed the username and workstation name without any problem. I could still login. BUT, when I changed the password in the registry, then tried to login, I got the old familiar error message I've been seeing for the last 3 weeks. I tried this on both workstations and found this to be true, exactly, for both. When I changed back to the correct password, I could again log back on.

I am using straight through cables with no problem. I currently have my cards connected to a switch so I can do LAN access. I can also direct connect. I DID bind an IP address in the same subnet as my CPU and VM cards on both my test machines before installing the software but I don't think that matters as far as installation goes, since those values are not recorded in the registry for Ultramail. You would of course need to have an IP address in the same subnet to physically reach the cards.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace;
Chris

Have you had any luck with the older serial connections? That is what I am trying to get into.

I have always used the serial connection. Out of 5 that I service, 3 always give me trouble. I can log in, start to make changes, then get kicked out. When I try to log back in, I get an error message that the data file is in use (or something like that). I end up having to reslot to the card to effectively log back in.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,405 Shoretel
189,163 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024