web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ELL, what do you have from the old admin's notes, if anything? Do you know your VM pilot number (the number you call to reach VMail)?

Do you know what the old admin's mailbox # and password were? (Don't type the PW here, a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice). Do you know what type of Elitemail you have (CMS/FMS/VMS)?

Not all of these are vital, but if you know them, it will make your job easier. Also, on a scale of 1-10, where 1 is your grandmother and 10 is Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, how technical are you?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ELL Offline
Hey Telephoneguy,
I do not have the old admins mailbox# and I am guessing that we still have the default password, I believe we have the VMS elitemail and I do know the pilot number to reach VMail. I am a techie on a scale of systems - computers a 10. On the telephony side a mere 6.5. I was poking around in the pc system that is connected to the Electra Elite 42/192 and found it was not totally installed. The old tech had a laptop that he used to administer the vm system. When he left so did the information.

You've got mail.

ELL Offline
Thanks so much Telephoneguy. I really appreciate this....ELL

BNA Offline
Telephoneguy, you got mail.

Can you perform MACs without the use of Co-sessions - i.e. through an administrator mailbox like with NEAXMail?

We're having the same problem, any consultants in the LA area who know the Electra Elite 192 system that can help out? We have an NEC Electra Elite 192 and our administrator left. We don't know any of the administrator codes and our phone systems are a mess. We're looking for someone to re-program our phones and walk me through some basic adminstrator set-up.

Thanks,

Glenn, you're just a bit outside my service area -- I'm about 5-6 hours north of you. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help. But there's got to be a tech in LA...

I think i have the same system and have the same problem.
I would love thoughts documents

Electra Elite 192 Voicemail

I also had a guestion about this system. I found where the systems manager box is. when i get into any of the mail boxs (only 2 mail boxs with no messages) it tells me the i am running low on message space. Now in the manager box i went to the info button and it said that i only have 7-8 minutes of recording space available. Is that the limit of is there some recorded space that i have to delete?

Help

First, you'll get a better response if you complete your profile so people know that you're not a hacker/phreak. With your "gmail" email, you could be anybody.

But in answer to your question; yes, there's a limit to the recording time. If you're on the FMS or CMS, it might be a small amount of space to start with.

Step 1: Contact all users and ask that they delete old archived messages.
Step 2: Connect to the VM using CoSessions, and perform hard disk maintenance (i.e. DeFrag). Low recording space alarms are sometimes caused when there is not enough Contiguous free space; DeFrag will help.
Step 3: While in CoSessions, you will notice files called "Replog??.???" -- These are records of call transfers, and may be deleted to make space. You should be able to figure out the date code and only delete the oldest ones.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,411 Shoretel
189,170 CTX100 install
187,428 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (EV607797), 130 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024