web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#212598 04/28/08 12:49 PM
Ok I'm set on the IP configuration thanks to nfcphoneman. Of course it was the ONE setting I was missing and the manual made no reference to it.

OK just finished my 2nd install, first one with voicemail, and have several questions.

1. Under PGM 100 (Location Information), what do the "Type" and "ANNC" settings accomplish vs. the same settings under PGM 140 (CO Line List)?

2. Is there an option for a On-hold reminder tone/timer? Found the recall timer, set it to zero to prevent calls from ringing back into a VM Box, but would still like a reminder.

3. WHERE do you assign stations to a Pickup Group!!?? The Pickup key is currently returning an error tone vs. picking up a ringing phone.

4. Is there an option/code to have calls directed to an extension (at night via VM announcement) go directly to the extension VM Box vs. ringing 4 times.

5. Can the H/T/P option be set via Admin programming or is it strictly a station option?

6. Page 1-6 of the 7224D user guide lists the "Station Ring Type" with 4 rings settings; this is also available via Admin programming.

Why, when 15 ICM/CO Ring options are available via the RING PROGRAM? In addition, are the RING PROGRAM options programmable via Admin programming?

7. Last but no least, PGM 116 Display's Station COS assigned to a station, where are the COS settings defined?

Thanks,

Dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#212599 04/29/08 04:57 PM
Xcountry,

You hit the nail on the head about Toni is the only tech. to call. Just to clairify, you have to call the Vodavi support number to reach her vs. the Vertical number. I believe she's the lead tech. for the SBX, as she referred to it, it's her baby.

I spent about 45 mins on the phone with her going over the questions below and several others I'd like to share. Look for my answers below.

Originally posted by daveinfla:
Ok I'm set on the IP configuration thanks to nfcphoneman. Of course it was the ONE setting I was missing and the manual made no reference to it.

The IP Cheat Sheet is one of several FAQ's which will be posted on the CCC site shortly.

OK just finished my 2nd install, first one with voicemail, and have several questions.

1. Under PGM 100 (Location Information), what do the "Type" and "ANNC" settings accomplish vs. the same settings under PGM 140 (CO Line List)?

The TYPE and ANNC entry under PGM 100 should not be used, ironically if you follow the proceedure in the Quick Start Guide it populates these fields. They are legacy settings and may be removed in future revisions. Use PGM 140 ONLY to route CO line ringing. Set TYPE=NONE and ANNC = 0

2. Is there an option for a On-hold reminder tone/timer? Found the recall timer, set it to zero to prevent calls from ringing back into a VM Box, but would still like a reminder.

There is NO Hold Reminder Tone at this time.

3. WHERE do you assign stations to a Pickup Group!!?? The Pickup key is currently returning an error tone vs. picking up a ringing phone.

STATION GROUP (PGM 190/191) is used to not only define UCD Groups, but there is an option in the drop down menu to select "Pick up" to create a PICKUP Group. The Pickup attribute is automatically set to ON when you save this group, it is optional for all others, meaning you can give Agents in a UCD group the ability to Pickup other Agent calls, or NOT.

Note: You can also use a Feature code 7 (Directed Pickup) to pickup stations/CO's/or UCD Groups, i.e. Dialing 702 will pickup ringing CO line 2, 7629 will pickup UCD 629, and 7101 will pickup extension 101.

4. Is there an option/code to have calls directed to an extension (at night via VM announcement) go directly to the extension VM Box vs. ringing 4 times.

NO, the station owner would have to set an unconditional foward at their station directed to VMIB. Fowarding at the station level overrides system fowarding, i.e. Auto VMIB.

5. Can the H/T/P option be set via Admin programming or is it strictly a station option?

NOPE! Would be nice, but not on this release.

6. Page 1-6 of the 7224D user guide lists the "Station Ring Type" with 4 rings settings; this is also available via Admin programming.

Why, when 15 ICM/CO Ring options are available via the RING PROGRAM? In addition, are the RING PROGRAM options programmable via Admin programming?

Answer, no clue! Forget the RING TYPE under PGM 111, just set the ICM and CO ring types at each station as this is a user choice.

7. Last but no least, PGM 116 Display's Station COS assigned to a station, where are the COS settings defined?

PGM 116 assigns stations to a group which is tied to the tables. Toni is still working on figuring out how exactly they work and will post a FAQ soon.

Some additional information/notes:

1. When auto attendant is in front of the system the DISA boxes MUST be checked in order for it to accept digits, HOWEVER if it's behind the system, i.e. calls routed to a UCD group and overflow is the VMIB as a backup, the DISA boxes MUST BE UNCHECKED otherwise calls will be disconnected without the option to dial digits.

Why? It's a quirk, something to do with it doing double duty.

2. You must enable Call Foward on Busy to the VMIB AT THE STATION or additional calls to a busy station from the auto attendant will ring busy vs. routing to the users VM Box.

3. IF DND is set at a station it overrides everything and calls will NOT foward to voicemail. This will be fixed in the next release. Have the customer use UNCONDITIONAL foward to VM as their DND for now. I would disable DND via PGM 111 to prevent users from disabling their FWD to VM.

4. The SPEED EDITOR program can be downloaded from ftp.vodavi.com, it will be posted to the CCC site soon.

[/QB]
Hope this helps everyone.

Dave

#212600 05/01/08 08:01 AM
1. I think the PGM 100 was supposed to be that easy set up option they were braggin about in the webinar. The ring option doesn't work right - the correct vm announcement doesn't pick up. I figured out how to make it work, but it's just as easy to use PGM 140 (which in the long run is more flexible).

7. In one of the guides, it lists how the station COS relates to the toll restriction tables. I printed out the page - I believe its the Programming manual, pg 1-19.

2 - Fwd on Busy. I'm hoping they fix that quirk soon. Additonal notes: If you are using station groups, in the group, uncheck the fwd option. Otherwise, a phone that is fwd on busy will not ring with the group. The other thing I noticed is when a phone is busy fwd, it will not voice announce on itcm.

#212601 05/26/08 09:38 AM
If you are setting up a IP phone remotely here's the procedure from Toni:

at the prompt "set(*) reboot(#)"

press *
dial password (NO PASSWORDS PLEASE)
press *
press # to change to remote system

Use the volume up/down key to change IP settings

The phones MAC address must be entered in pgm 386

Scroll to MFIM address:

Enter the address of the voib card locate in pgm 340

Press hold/save(I think)

Press speaker to complete. The phone should reboot and connect.

if you don't enter the MAC address of the phone it won't work. You also don't need a password for an IP set, only a soft phone.

Also: You can only FWD B/NA to VM after you've recorded a personal message.

Also: if you set up a hunt group with IP phones and soft phones the system will ring them in station order (ie 109 then 110) even if you program it in an alternate order(programmed as 110, then 109). Don't know if it's the same with TDM hunt groups.

Anybody know how to see another phones message light or get an indication of messages? Can it be done in a Station Group?

Anybody figure out how to stop the DND/FWD light flashing when the phones forwarded to VM?

***Edited due to violation of terms of service by posting technician/installer password in public forum***

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,576 Shoretel
189,449 CTX100 install
187,612 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 143 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024