web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have a Vodavi 1428 with Dispatch Voice Mail and the system outbound pager notification has stopped working. It is attempting pager notification after a voice mail is left, but the dial-out is not successful. I checked to see what is happening on the outbound line when Dispatch attempted outbound notification and it gets an open line (has dial tone), it dials a single digit (unknown digit - then no dial tone), then it pauses and dials the intended pager number, it waits then dials the notification codes for message count, ext, etc. Durring the pause before notification codes the line gets a busy signal. Whatever the single digit it is dialing, it appears that it should not be, this is causing the problem. Does the system think it needs to dial something for an outside line? If so, how do I change this? Is this part of the script? I am using the pager12.cnf, but the book states that all of the preloaded scripts are the same other than the delay time before sending the notification details. I have run out of ideas and the manual is not helping much. Again any help is aprreciated.
Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Boy gumby you bounce all arround this forum [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

ok the digit it's dialing did your customer have CENTREX lines before? if so then in the pager string the previous tech placed a 9 followed by a couple of pauses usually ,,,then the phone number.

do you have a monitor hooked up to the dispatch and if so can you look at the mail boxes and check the notifaction number being used?
Im downloading the manual now to see if I can help you out I don't know much about Vodavi but im sure that this is your problem.

Good luck and I'll let you know if I come up with any thing after reading the manual.

Just got done looking over the manual and it seems your system sould be pretty easy to fix assuming you have the lap top programing software for the voice mail.

Before we do that though enter someones mail box and listen to the digits that are entered for their pager notification.
Message Notification instructs the system to
contact you on receipt of a message by dialing
an alternate phone number or activating a paging
device.
1. Enter your mailbox number + password.
2. Press [8] for Personal Options.
3. Press [8] for Other options.
4. Press [1] for notification.
5. Select the type of notification.
Notification type can either be:
• Immediate - The system dials you as
soon as the message is left.
• Timed - The system waits until a set time
before notifying you.
The following selections are available for the
notification options. Use the selections to do the
following:
• Play - is used to hear the current settings.
• Off/On - turns this feature off/on.
• Immediate - enables immediate
notification.

Make sure the only digits in there are the pager number to be notified if there are any before the pager number those may be the digits you have to remove.

Second step its gonna be a little rougher you'll need to check edit your Pager.CF file to do that

To modify a command file, you must download the file to
your laptop/PC as follows:
1. Access STARPLUS Dispatchâ„¢ via ECom.
2. If the system is not already parked, click Send next to
+DIE0.
3. Type CD CFILES and press ENTER.
4. Download the pager file you want to modify by typing
ZMS <filename>, where <filename> is the pager file to
modify.
5. The system will then send the file to your laptop/PC in
the C:\ADMIN directory.
6. Modify the file using any text editor and have the file
as plain text.
7. Type REBOOT and press ENTER. The system will
then reboot itself.
Once the file has been modified, upload it back to your
laptop/PC as follows:
1. Access the STARPLUS Dispatchâ„¢ via ECom.
2. Make certain the unit is parked. If not, park the STARPLUS
Dispatchâ„¢ by clicking the Send button next to
+DIE0.
3. Type CD CFILES and press ENTER.
4. Type ZMR and press ENTER.
5. Press PgUp key.
6. Choose ZMODEM protocol and click OK.
7. Select the files to download to the unit and click OK.
8. When the C:\HELLO\CFILES prompt returns, type
REBOOT and press ENTER to reboot the STARPLUS
Dispatch

Now the line you want to look at is DIAL=
as the instructions say you can use any text editor like notepad or wordpad find out what digits are set in the DIAL= section you may need to remove them write them down just in case but this sould fix/help you I hope
And all this is under your Appendix C section of the voice mail book
Good Luck!! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks Whitestar.

Yes, the system did have Centrex lines prior. I had found the section in the manual to modify the pager.cnf string. Before I did that I was hoping that it was something different. I do have admin and have checked the pager notification number and also it is set to immediate. I will look at the string this weekend and hope that is the problem. Thanks again for the response.

Okay-Got a look at the pager12.cf file and it is stock as from the manual, as follows:

OffHook
Sleep=2
DialPrefixForWhereField
Sleep=3
DialMailboxWhere
Sleep=12
DialMsgSource
MsgSourceOk=Dial=*
Dial=*
DialUrgentMsgCount
Dial=*
DialNewOnlyMsgCount
Dial=*
DialSavedMsgCount
Dial=#
Notify
OnHook
Quit

What could possibly be the problem? I don't see where it is dialing any other digits than the pager number. In Colorado, we have 10 digit dialing and that is what is in each pager number field. The only change that we made was the incoming phone lines themselves. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
The first thing I would do is put my butt-set on the port and try to dial the pager. You should first have to dial a "9" for the line group, then dial the rest of the number after you are sure you have dial tone.

If you can dial the pager manually, then check the registry value "AADialPrefix", this should have a value of "9."

If you still cannot get this to work, call Vodavi Tech Support at 800-356-7279. They are usually very helpful.

Good luck!

Thanks nfcphoneman. This was the problem. One of the prefixes was set to 9,1. I removed the 1 and it worked beautifully. The help on this bulletin board is invaluable. Thanks again to everyone.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Retired and ?
by John807 - 09/17/24 01:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,398
Posts639,335
Members49,806
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
SamL, xsh74, LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant
49,806 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 9
pvj 7
teleco 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 191 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024