Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#171807 10/20/03 08:02 AM
Please excuse my lack of terms, but I am a network guy with some knowledge of my Telrad 400 phone system.

I have a VoIP system connected to my telread using some E&M tie lines. This works great and I have few problems. Here are a list of my extensions on the telrad.

49xx
35xx
60xx

My routing table is setup so that anything with 30xx is routed over the tie lines.

I would like to setup the phone system so that if someone dial an extensions (lets say 4928) from either the auto-attendant or from a phone that the call gets redirected to a 30xx number (lets say 3028) without a physicall phone owning the extension (by this I mean without a phone having the extension 4928 as the main number or another phone with 4928 as a secondary line). Basically, forwarding the call from a phone is the least desirable method. It would be nice if I could setup a "virtual extension" that could be forwarded anywhere I want. My telrad vendor is all right, but I need more technical information and configurations than they are able to provide. I am very excited about this forum and its potential to help me keep my sanity. My PBX is at version 7.2 (I think). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
What are you using for the Auto Attnd?
Have you looked into the VoIP products offered by Telrad?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSPhone:
What are you using for the Auto Attnd?
Have you looked into the VoIP products offered by Telrad?
</font>

I have an imagen voice mail system. I do not wish to use Telrad VoIP solutions. To be quite honest, I am disappointed with the corporation for thier lack of help for PBX owners, and their soles managers for thier lack of listening to PBX customers. Everything I learned I learned through hacking the system. To get back to my original questions, how can I redirect an extension that doesn't actually exist in system attributes? I can redirect DID using system speed dials, but don't know how to do it when you dial en extension (that is what happens in the auto attendant. It just dials the extension).

Administrator
Administrator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mpoulton:
I have an imagen voice mail system. I do not wish to use Telrad VoIP solutions. To be quite honest, I am disappointed with the corporation for thier lack of help for PBX owners, and their soles managers for thier lack of listening to PBX customers. Everything I learned I learned through hacking the system. </font>

As a Telrad Dealer I am sorry for your disappointment with the product and whoever you got the system from. If everything you learned is from hacking the system the Dealer (if you purchased from a Authorized Telrad Dealer) has let you down not Telrad. Training on system functions and basic programming should be included when you purchase a new telephone system. Now off my soapbox. I am not sure of your existing system programming after the hacking but the Imagen has its own DTMF receivers collecting digits dialed and is sending a digital signal to the system so your change for the auto attnd would be done in the mailbox of the ext. You do have matching system and voicemail softwares?

I appreciate your comments. I did purchase the system from an authorized dealer and have gone through 3 different dealers trying to get the support we need. The dealers let me down, but so did Telrad. The regional sales guys don't seem to care about the end users. I have better chances winning the lottery than to get one to call me back. And when they finally do call you back, they don't listen. I have gone up and down the gamet with the corporate office too. No one there (including the VP os sales) seems to care that all I want is the PBX out of my facility. That being said, we have invested a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money in it and it will be difficult to swap out. However, it will get done eventually.

Now onto my issue (which I would be more than happy to pay for if that is an option to get this resolved a bit quicker).
I am not sure that the functions of the voice mail or the software revision level really matters. This isn't limited to the voice mail system. I need to trick the PBX into thinking that I have a station defined, when in reality I want to send it accross a tie line. This is kind of like bridging a network. How does the Telrad connect to other Telrads? There has to be some kind of bridging capability to say, "Hey, this extension is a valid xtension, but it defined on another PBX. Route the call through the tie line trunk group." I apologize for not have all the terminalogy.

By the way, I did get basic training on the system, but I need more than that. Defining station is easy and setting up DIDs is easy. I need information on how to route calls and setup peers through trunks. But that is for another day.

[This message has been edited by mpoulton (edited October 21, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator
Send me your .cfg file from your PCP programmer. My email and Phone number are in my profile. I will look at it and maybe I can be of help. I only say maybe because I dont know the how other parts of the config are.

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,362
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 9
teleco 5
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Toner, SamL), 118 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024