Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
There is a reason that the most successful businesses subscribe to the maxim that the customer is always right.

You almost have it. Successful businesses know the customer is wrong but they know how to make him think he is right and take his money for the privilege. :shhh:

I find it interesting also that many times the more money a customer has the more correct they seem to think they are. I think it's really lack of respect.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Someone suggested Avaya IP office that did analog and said it was no longer in production. Just the unit that fit the requested specs.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OK, I was just about getting confused about this thread when it woke up again. So, Brokeda, you are telling me that I can get a "Sears" SLT on this system, lift the handset, receive CO dial tone, then dial a digit that will disconnect me from the CO line and return intercom dial tone?

(No flash function or key sets were desired in the original post). This thread is drifting toward personal system preferences.

Maybe this can be done using the system you have suggested, but the digits 1-0 must be left unused for internal functions due to the fact that they are required to process CO calls in North America.

That leaves us with * and #. The suggestions made about using the IPO claim it will do this. I have to ask.......

What about CO features, such as *67 to block caller ID or *69 for return call or *57 for call trace?

Since most CO features use *, I suppose that the # key can do the CO disconnect/transfer to dial tone, but is this really possible?

This being said, how can any other system features be accessed without sacrificing the * codes for CO line features?

Call me forever the critic, but I am not buying it. I still don't think that people are really reading the original question.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Originally posted by ev607797:
That leaves us with * and #. The suggestions made about using the IPO claim it will do this. I have to ask.......

What about CO features, such as *67 to block caller ID or *69 for return call or *57 for call trace?

Since most CO features use *, I suppose that the # key can do the CO disconnect/transfer to dial tone, but is this really possible?

This being said, how can any other system features be accessed without sacrificing the * codes for CO line features?

Call me forever the critic, but I am not buying it. I still don't think that people are really reading the original question.
For a little clarification for the ones not familiar with the programming of the IP Office.

When a user picks up the phone (unless programmed differently) they get system dial tone that sounds like standard CO dial tone.

When a use dials a number it first looks for a matching extension number, then checks through the user shortcodes, then system shortcodes, followed by least cost routing.

The default programming is set for users to dial "9" to access outside lines. This can EASILY be changed to match any dialing habits the user might want or have.

Here is an example without getting into the programming too much. In Houston, TX we have 3 local area codes and all numbers dialed are at least 10 digit dialing. Area codes 713,281, and 832 are 10 digit dial.

So to be able to dial out directly without dialing 9 first you program 3 shortcodes
281xxxxxxx
713xxxxxxx
832xxxxxxx
Each set to dial out on whatever line group you want. This will match all 10 digit dialed calls in the Houston area.
For long distance and toll free service a similar shortcode is created to do the same thing.
1xxxxxxxxxx
That will match all national calls without the need for dialing "9" first.
In the system with the above shortcodes, extensions must be assigned numbers starting with 3,4,5,6, or 2 if extension don't go beyond 280 or skip 281. 1xx extension can be used also but will cause a bit of a delay waiting to time out looking for additional digits.

All other system and/or CO features can be programmed as needed using shortcodes that can be accessed via any phone with dtmf keypad.

The IP Office is the closest thing to an exact match given the listed requirements. As it has been said by several others, many other systems would work great and possibly better if the requirements were changed slightly. (Most of the other options are also much cheaper!)

Originally posted by brokeda:
Someone suggested Avaya IP office that did analog and said it was no longer in production. Just the unit that fit the requested specs.
There is a model of the IP Office I mentioned that is out of production, but there are other models that will work the same. The only reason I mentioned the model I did is there are several of them out there and are cheaper than the current models.

The reason that model was discontinued, lack of sales. How many customers (other than the scenario given) really want only analog phones...

Thanks very much for the clarification, IPOfficeguy. Your answer makes a lot more sense now.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
CTX WinAdmin
by Baconator772 - 09/28/24 10:36 PM
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,403
Posts639,372
Members49,809
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
R4+Z 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024