web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Site Sponsor: Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I hope someone can refresh my memory on this issue: Charter sends SIP RE-INVITE by default from their Adtran voice gateways every 15 minutes. When enabled this RE-INVITE is not responded to by the NS700 resulting in call teardown by the voice gateway. I've had them disable this for the time being and have scoured the relevant manuals but don't see anything about this. Does anyone know if the PBX supports RE-INVITE and if so what setting governs this?

Thank you,
Sean

Thank you,
Sean Trimm
Systems Administrator
Trimm Networks
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
When you say its teardown of the sip, are you saying the call goes quiet and then clears the call after a while or when the caller hangs up. If so, if you make another call straight away does last another 15 minutes or do you have to reset the gateway.

By default, the sip audio stream is unsupervised, so if you’re gateway is sending a tcp packet to request if the stream is still running, the Panasonic will ignore it, if your gateway is set to close the stream because of no response, the audio will stop and the user hangs up and sends a bye message. Is this what you’re seeing in wireshark?

I only once had to change a sip trunk to respond to that message, I would have to look up how to do it again. But if you can turn it off. I would leave it off.

Is the gateway on the same lan as the system

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Thanks for the response!

Yes that is what was happening. Panasonic ignores RE-INVITE packet and gateway tears the call down. Charter has again disabled this for me,
last time we went through this on the same circuit was 2/2022.

Yes its direct from voice gateway to core switch (udp timeout on port set accordingly in the past, then I had Charter disable the RE-INVITE. Since it got enabled again in a firmware update to the gateway and I've had to have them disable it again, it occurs to me to see if there is a way to get the NS700 to actually respond to those so that if the provider does this again, we won't have the same issue occurring.

Thank you,
Sean Trimm
Systems Administrator
Trimm Networks
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
There is a way. I will see if I can find it

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
Verizon Acquiring Frontier Communications?
by dexman - 09/04/24 10:04 PM
OS 7030
by Bushmills - 09/03/24 12:42 PM
Barbed Wire telephone network
by Toner - 09/01/24 10:24 AM
Upgrade to UBB 8.0.0
by Toner - 08/31/24 04:29 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,387
Posts639,267
Members49,800
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN, Will4445, Polaris2024, Tech423
49,800 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
Seth W 8
dexman 6
teleco 6
pvj 6
Yoda 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, nortelvoip), 244 guests, and 93 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024