web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
No. We installed the system in late May and yes, we charged them for that. After the system crashed a few times, we convinced the customer to let us install the APC ups/surge protector.

Prior to that the customer was using a few generic 4-line phones for their admin people and had all of their telemarketers on single line phones. But they had never had a "phone system" before.

I'm anxious to see if the new dedicated circuit helps. Since May we've had two 1-week periods where the system did not crash at all, so we'll need at least a few weeks of stability to see if the problem is actually resolved.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I trust when it is proved the AC was the problem you will bill him for all your time.

Update. After the new dedicated circuit was installed we went 2 weeks without a crash, which was a new record. We thought "Problem solved". Customer called today and said they system started crashing again on Wednesday. Now it is doing it more frequently and it seems to take a little longer (a few seconds more) to come back up.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You still have power problems, period. Even a dedicated circuit can cause it if the leg is bad.Is there another business close that has a switch that isn't having problems or is there a server room, if so run an extension cord and use that power for a while to test, at this point and as others have said I'm sure it's the building power and not the system.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Thanks Russ. We did run an extension cord from another part of the office months ago with the same result. As Hal has pointed out, a power analyzer seems to be the only way to prove it is the power.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Power analyzer is the answer.
Let cust understand this is all billable when you prove it is the power.

This is undoubtedly a power issue that must be resolved. If their business is not important enough to spend the money to rent an analyzer - I'm not sure I'd want them as a customer. This business has to work both ways.

That being said, I had a similar problem for 2 days with a V6 or 7 Partner at a body shop after an install. Checked power 10 ways from Sunday. Replaced the processer, backplane, 308's - everthing. I decided to spend the 3rd morning there myself and get it figured out. I had a new APC and all.

The system was in the shop area and in view of the office window to the shop. I was getting ready to call the electrician in. Got a cup of coffee and went to update the client.

As I am standing there, I see one of the guys plug a vacuum cleaner into the APC and turn it on. Damned if the system didn't crash at the same time! Within 10 minutes, the APC was mounted 10 feet up in the air. No problems since.

What kind of business did you say this is?

Ed

Vacuums. But here is the kicker. They do a lot of outbound telemarketing. The service department is closed on Sundays, so there are no vacuums running on Sundays. But the system will still crash when there are only 3-5 people in the office on Sunday doing outbound telemarketing. It is possible that they are also getting inbound calls to the Auto Attendant from the multiple help wanted ads they run each week.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Do you use a power analizer yet?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
OK, I've got a customer who had these two reset events in the error log:

[Linked Image from touchtonetommy.com] [Linked Image from touchtonetommy.com]

The first one is a power cycle, the 2nd is the same thing you are chasing. (Software Initiated)

You've replaced the processor - did you just swap the PC card and restore? Or did you reprogram from scratch?

I once had a system that somehow got 2 - Line 3 buttons on a set! Where line 4 should have been, was a 2nd Line 3 button. When the user tried to press "line 4", the system restarted.

If you did a restore, I would back it up, default it, and reprogram from scratch.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024