web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
What really surprises me is that being where you are located you did not have a Mitel dealer bid on this. Their systems would have gone in super easy too given the scenerio you have described.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Steve Layton:
What really surprises me is that being where you are located you did not have a Mitel dealer bid on this. Their systems would have gone in super easy too given the scenerio you have described.
In all fairness a properly trained vendor of any brand would have been able to do this without all of these issues .... including many Cisco dealers i am sure.

The really surprising part is how poor of an install the vendor is doing .... if i were the customer i would be creating a big stink and getting a qualified, trained technician on site (if they have one?) ... or kicking this vendor off the job.

I admittedly don't know Cisco but the feedback i got when we replaced the UC 560 for my customer is that most of their emphasis is on the call manager platform so not very many people are trained on the UC 560 thus the need to remove it from service and ship it to someone else to program. In this case the vendor does well in excess of $10,000,000 per year in business..... hard to imagine they would hang a customer out to dry like that.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Again I completely agrre with upstate, the IS Cisco's fault for allowing a vendor to treat you loke this. You should be on the phone with Cisco management about this vendor and get relief and help from them. And you are you doing the remote locations.
I hope you were not involved in the decision to go with this vendor because there is a complete lack of researching this vendor.

Have to say that if he made the decision to go with these guys, as the expert that took 9 months making the decision, I would think he would be worried about his job at this point. I suppose it would matter how important the phones really are though. I have seen MANY IT managers fired over these things for far less downtime. Just another example of how Cisco can talk to IT peeps and tell them what they want to hear or understand.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
To quote the old AT&T sales guys ... "no one gets fired for buying AT&T" ... they used that line all the time and bottom line is there is some truth behind it.

SST Offline
It would be interesting to see the total man hours to install the 70 phones when this project is all done and working.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Have to say that if he made the decision to go with these guys, as the expert that took 9 months making the decision, I would think he would be worried about his job at this point. I suppose it would matter how important the phones really are though. I have seen MANY IT managers fired over these things for far less downtime. Just another example of how Cisco can talk to IT peeps and tell them what they want to hear or understand.
I never claimed I was an expert in phone system. I am an IT Manager, NOT a phone guy, I mentioned that at the very beginning!

CISCO DID NOT SELL ME THE SYSTEM! I do not know how many times I can repeat that. Its a Cisco system but they are not the vendor.

We have had no downtime as our current phone systems will continue running until I have this all sorted out. I will have this whole setup, up running and tested for at least a week before I consider cutting over, everyone in my agency understands and completely agrees with this approach. I am in no way worried about my job.

As for the final decision on the vendor, no I did not say "I want this vendor". Did I recommend them, yes I did. They did a great snow job on me. As I said before, the tech the sent out during the quote phase knew his stuff, answered all the questions, offered up suggestions etc.

I researched all the vendors that I got quotes from, both good and bad, as every single company out there has. The good out weighed the bad. I just ended up on the bad side so far.

Now back to the install:

Better day today, two more remote sites up and running. 4 more to go, should have the rest up by Thurs.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by SST:
It would be interesting to see the total man hours to install the 70 phones when this project is all done and working.
I am closing in on 100 hours. I will pass that in the next couple of days.

Keep, I was not making a slight on you. I am AMAZED that an install of this small size and simplicity is talking this long. Please, this is NOT meant to insult you better rather I feel your pain.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Keep, I was not making a slight on you. I am AMAZED that an install of this small size and simplicity is talking this long. Please, this is NOT meant to insult you better rather I feel your pain.
Ditto ...... hope you aren't taking any of this as a slight on you.

It is just really interesting to see an install from the IT side after doing them from our side ..... and we obviously have different standards.

I go back to my original statement about calling the vendor out for not delivering what they promise.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,204 CTX100 install
187,445 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024