OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Story here .

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Link doesn't work.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I clicked on the link to make sure it copied correctly and it worked fine for me.

I Love FEATURE 00
So, what does that mean for all the Nortel Dealers?

Now it worked for me too. Must have been them.

So yeah, what does this mean for Nortel dealers as well as customers?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
It is the beginning of the end. A fire of a once 350 billion dollar company.

What it means for those of us who sell them... think Pontiac dealer. There will be a lot of service work for years. I expect either Avaya or Alcatel/Lucent will buy the Enterprise division. There is also talk of a local consortium made up of former Nortel employees, lead by a former Nortel CEO who actually what keep it going.

Nortel is currently before the Canadian government begging for a bailout; like the ones many others have received.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Are Avaya and Alcatel/Lucent on solid enough footing to even consider absorbing the respective parts of Nortel :confused:

I'm sure both Avaya and Alcatel/Lucent are keeping an eye on the Nortel situation.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Let us not forget that LG and Nortel are in bed with several large investments, one with a name beginning with a "V". LG has lots and lots of money to spend and they've been showing up at parties holding hands quite a bit lately. Don't be surprised if you see LG taking over the meat of Nortel. Being a Korean company, they have loads of money, but they don't boast it as much as their neighbors.

Avaya may have a strong footing with regard to sales and share of the premise systems market, but we are talking about billions upon billions of dollars to even take a bite of Nortel's value. That is a bit much for a privately-held company to accomplish. They would need the help of several outside investors to come up with the kind of cash it would take to pick up Nortel.

Alcatel/Lucent might want a piece of Nortel's central office switching market, but if for no other reason than for the French to own the North American market. It would be a move to snub their noses at us, but probably wouldn't last long.

"The New at&t" might try to pick up some of Nortel, but they can't spend too much since they are too busy trying to show that they aren't making money. It would be in their best interests to try to get some of the DMS manufacturing/support since BellSouth and Ameritech bought so much DMS hardware over the past 25 years.

Siemens is probably the strongest contender in my book. They have already shown that they want Nortel's share of the wireless market and will probably get it. They also have lots of money to throw around for entertainment.

Sadly, I see some Chinese conglomerate coming in and purchasing Nortel. It is happening everywhere you look, so why would a North American icon such as Nortel be any different? They are picking up huge chunks of our markets for pennies on the dollar these days and laughing at us.

Consider the rather unknown bunch from China that bought the Hummer product line. Do you really think they bought it to put H2s on the streets of China? Of course not. They did it to show us that they can and that we were vulnerable enough to sell off an American icon.

While on the subject of American icons, take a look at professional baseball. Once they get their mitts on hot dogs and apple pie, we are done.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The company that has our Nortel account just picked up Avaya as a product. I think they saw the writing on the wall when Nortel went into bankruptcy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,414 Shoretel
189,170 CTX100 install
187,428 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024