Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#488960 08/16/06 04:31 AM
OP Offline
Hello, I've noticed a problem in the past 8 months some of our APS-SL's. I've replaced 4 in different locations on our network. (We have about 70 SL sites approx.- never bothered counting them) I've asked locally but I've been told that there is no particular problem with the SL power supply. Some failed after powering off and on the system but others have just failed by themselves. Most of these systems are 6 yrs old now and have been trouble free since installation. We've been told that the IPX 500 is the replacement but SL spares will be available if required. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems with this piece of kit. I'm trying to plan spare requirements for the SL for the future for my department as I expect these systems will be in service for some years to come. Thanks for your time.

I have seen power supplies go on most any system that is over about 5 years, including the SL. I would plan on this happening more often as you r systems age. If I were you I would keep a few spare power supplies around just in case.

Steve

OP Offline
Thanks Steve. I've been told that there may be a problem with the start up circuitry of some of these APS- SL's. It seems after being in service for a period of a few years if they suffer an external power failure they may not come back when power is restored. They require someone to physically switch them off and on a few times. (this can be a problem if the nearest pair of hand is 50 miles away) However that is not official and I would like to verify or dismiss it if possible. We have a lot of Sl's out there and with Tadiran supporting spares production only from 2007 onwards, my fear is they will not be so readily available. Thanks again for your time Steve...63.

We have Power Problems with the AP-SL's all the time. The bad thing is that we dont have enought of them to changed out when the ones in the field stop working. I think Tadiran is using a different company now for the power supplies. I hope these are better ones.

There was a bad lot...you may want to check.

OP Offline
Hello All. Thank you Texas and Coral Tech for your input. Most of my APS-Sl's are of the same vintage so I will dig a little deeper and see if there is something I need to plan for. Regards..63.

We never hae issues with the power supplies. We also have battery packs in about every SL we have ever sold.

What rev are they? I believe rev A and rev B had a recall on them. No longer Warrantied

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
OP Offline
Hello All, sorry for the delay in coming back to you. The APSL's that we've had trouble with are "Rev. 4C" Most of these P.S.U's also have a mod that appears to be post production. It's an earth wire that connects one of the PCB pillars to the DC back panel connector. (when I mentioned vintage in an earlier posting it was this mod that I was referring to. Its not on later APSL's.) I'm not really concerned with warranties, as they have been in use for about 5 years at this stage. Its just to know if I need to plan for something. Thanks for your time. Regards, 63.

Siemens had a similar problem with power supplies doing this, the problem is aging capacitors, I have a source in California for repair at about $350 each. I wish I could figure out the bad caps and just replace myself. The other option is replacing all caps but just finding them is a real problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,384 Shoretel
189,092 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024