web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm an end user with very little experience with this system, so keep in mind if I'm not explaining this correctly.

This system has a day/night setting that is programmed to automatically set to "day" when our office opens and to "night" at close. This has worked without issue since the system was installed 6 or more years ago.

Today, the system stopped receiving calls. Outgoing worked fine, but we could not receive calls. This has happened before and usually a simple power cycle takes care of the issue. I did this and waited for it to cycle completely (takes 5-10 minutes for the phones to get their display back...how I know it's finished) and I noticed that the date and time had been reset...usually it gets this data back after a power cycle.
I reset the date and time and tested the phone with the system set to "auto" and the call went directly to the auto attendant (should have rang in the office).
I've checked the programming and the auto/day/night settings seem to be correct (I'm using the ESI program to check this via laptop)...it's set to change to day at 9am and night at 5:30pm, but auto routes directly to the attendant. Setting the system manually to day or night works as it should, but auto is not working now.

Any settings in the program I should check before having our installer look at it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Until this is resolved don't trust auto mode, switch it manually between day and night.

Before we continue lets look at the simple stuff such as accurate time setting. I know you stated it to be accurate but make double sure! How about the AM-PM portion, is that accurate!

I had this problem on a 72e , ESI had me record a moment of silence in the day2 and night2 greetings and it cleared it right up.

OP Offline
The time and date are correct. I checked that when I checked the auto hour settings and have posted a notice to manually swap between day and night until it's fixed.

It's not a huge deal, just strange that it happened kind of out of the blue. Not enough to warrant a service call....hoping I can track the issue down myself.

Is this system running the original software level at the time of installation?

Might be time for an upgrade......

OP Offline
I would assume it is. To my knowledge we've had the installer out once since installation just to handle some auto attendant recording changes we couldn't figure out. I don't believe anything has been upgraded, though I'm not the one that was handling this stuff when the system was installed.

To find out go into Installer Programming and press 9818, it will show in the display and we can work on it from that info.

I know this because I had a "DOH!!" moment the other day.

Make sure the system knows it's 2009! This may seem silly but since the year does not show on the display when the phone is idle, you may never know until you go into programming to set the time. If the year gets entered wrong once, you may never notice until the folowing Monday when the system thinks it's think it's Sunday and decides to answer with the night greeting during the day.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
Version - 2.04.01

Disk Version - 6.12

Time, date and year are set correctly....double checked that to be sure.

Did you try recording something in the second daytime greeting and the second nightime greeting, that solved the same problem for us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,611 CTX100 install
187,860 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024