Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#462059 10/25/06 05:00 AM
I have been handed the task of changing our greetings on our system. I have figured this out but during the greeting to press 0 to get a list of extensions. Now I am no computer genius and it took me 20 minutes and still dont know everything I clicked to register, so I need someone that can sort of help with doing this or guide me in the right directions. We have a IVX C-Class. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#462060 10/25/06 05:30 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Do you know what box the dial-zero option is set to go to? What currently happens when you press zero?

#462061 10/25/06 05:46 AM
If you dial zero it goes to a sales persons phone. Right now they have a default that if they dont enter an extension that it will ring automatically to this gentleman's phone.

#462062 10/25/06 06:01 AM
Is this gentleman sitting at ext. 100?

What do you want the dial zero and no-response options to do, then, instead?

I'm trying to get you going in the right direction, but probably only where you can explain what you want, but not necessarily where you can change it. The programming that you are looking to change is not available in the admin programming. It requires technician-level programming. You may end up needing to take the information you've lined out here and get your ESI reseller to make the changes for you.

#462063 10/25/06 07:15 AM
That is what I am looking for it someone to tell me I have to have a technician do it. I need to have a justification besides that I am not adequate enough to do this. What there ultimate goal is to have a message ( Thank you for calling if you know your extension please enter it if not please dial 0 for a directory) Right now there message is Thank you for calling please enter the extension if you know it if not push 1 for Mark...2 for David....3 for Noah..ect. But now I have sales people that are not in the office but have guest mailboxes that I want a directory for. I know that I need a technician but I need to have information to back up when I go into my boss's office to tell him I need someone. Thanks

#462064 10/25/06 11:27 AM
hcarlson, What you are wnting to do is easy to do and is done on a regular basis by those of us that install ESI systems. You may ask yourself if it is so easy to do then why can't it be done in house. There are a few answers to that question.

1. Think of something you do on a regular basis that was very difficult to do the first few times. Now that you have overcome the first few times it is just another project.

2. ESI systems like almost all others have different levels of programming. What you want to do is done under Installer level programming. That level of programming is set aside for only a selected group of people. Most busineses think that is so the technicians have control and can bill large amounts for their time. The actual reason is that the person or persons that enter into installer level of programming can completely shut down a business with just a few pokes on the phone. Have you ever seen a computer screen go blank and then say "HARDRIVE FORMATTING". You definately don't want to see the word "System Initialization" on your phone display.

3. The last reason is security. Example: Anyone with your installer password can program your system to dial any number in the world at the press of a certain numeric button, then they can call into your business after hours press that button and talk with friends in Afganistan as long as they want at your expense, after all it is your system and your phone line that made the call. Before you know it your on CNN wearing handcuffs not to mention what the phone company is gonna do to you about that $18,000.00 phone bill.

OK, Here is what I recomend. Contact your installer and have him or her come by and make the needed changes. Plan to give them about 2 hours. Have a pretty good idea what you want and give the tech some time to advise you. Sometimes that is the most valuable thing you will ever do is listen.

Last thing is message for the boss. The telephone system is the connection to customers or clients. Cutting corners and saving a few bucks can cost you a big chunk of coin in the long run. Get it done right and go about running your business.

Good Luck and God Bless

#462065 10/25/06 11:47 AM
Contact your installer or local reseller. They will tell you that you cannot do this on a C-Class.

#462066 10/25/06 11:50 PM
MO, What exactly is it that you are saying can't be done?

From what I read he is wanting to build a company directory which is normal SOP.

#462067 10/26/06 07:29 PM
He has a C-class and wants to change the "0" operator route. To my knowladge, this cannot be done on a C-Class. I have only installed one C-Class and will never install another. I cant check on this for him because it is an out of state install. I guess I can call ESI later and check.

#462068 10/27/06 09:16 AM
No need to check, It can be done.

After entering installer programming select option 3, then when it asks for the ext. you wish to modify you press zero. It will then show operator as ext. 100 which you change to your new choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,370
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 216 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024