web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
First off - Thanks for this board, it has been an immense help over the years w/my 8x24s.
Here is my latest issue. I have several 8x24 that are working great, but I just got my new office up with a 0X32, + 0x16, +DTI, and a CallPilot 150 V3.0 (300 MB). This is my first Digital T-1 system, so I brought in an outside installer to configure the initial set-up and I have been working my way through it since. I have this system currently set-up with 48 extension (44 since the CP takes 4). I have 200 DID numbers allocated to me by T-1/Telco vendor. Since I only have internal office space to house 40 in-house folks, I wanted to utilize the additional voice mail boxes and DIDs for my out-of-office based folks. I want to be able to direct inward dial to a number above the 268 extension number I currently have (or above 284 if I elected to expand with another 0x16). The problem is when I utilize the set-up procedure that I use for the extensions/mailboxes that have internal phones attached to facilitate those that do not have phones attached, the call goes no where and just rings. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the KSU does not recognize an extention as valid if that extension truly doesn't exist and therefore will not transfer to an available voice mail box. Is there a way around this.

Bottom line I want to be able to utilize DID for a number that does not have an internal extension, but the call goes to a voice mail box set-up for that person in my CallPilot. This will allow me to utilize extra capacity of the CP without actually having an extension in house.

Hopefully, I have explained this okay. I appreciate any help.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

1. Program Prime Set to be VM DN of all DID lines you want to go to VM box only.

2. In each mailbox there is an option called 'message line:' put in there the line number of that mailbox's DID#.

This will allow you to have phantom DID mailboxes. Hope that is enough info for you. Good luck!

Dan

If I only had more time to golf!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,439 Shoretel
190,707 CTX100 install
189,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 92 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024