Andma. No DMZ on the Cisco881 router. Just basic NAT and some ACLs for firewall. I have an ACL permitting the Full IP (all ports) from the ITSP. The SIP Trunk comes up fine on the 7030 and all the local iDCS28D phones work fine with calls in\out. I have a generic (GRE) site-to-site Cisco VPN connecting the 2nd site to a older Cisco 831 router. The 2nd site has the IP Phone & ATA and they are the only devices on the whole system having problems. I have exactly the same setup with 7030 & IP Phone over Cisco VPN working fine on V.4.53c and different ITSP.

The Codec Nego. sounds plausible. Is there a log on 7030 to show that the Codec Nego. failed? The Call Setup (SIP) is working because the call is ringing and connecting. Is the Codec Nego. again for the (RTP) phase? The ITP phone (2.7.1) is set to G.729a. I have noticed on the RTG Status (6.2.10) shows my inbound cell call to the ITP phone as G.711a. When watching calls going out of ITP the MPS Status (6.2.7) is showing codec as G.729a. It shows the same codec (G.729a) regardless if call connects correctly or if no 2-way audio.

I would like to do a wireshark capture on the Cisco811 WAN port to get more insight but not sure how to forward that traffic for remote wireshark monitor. Or, trying to capture ITP data on the remote router to 7030. I do this all the time on a Cisco managed switch with a SPAN port but not sure how it's done on these Cisco881 routers with built-in 4-port switch.

I think there is a way to use NetFlow on Cisco for a remote wireshark type monitor but I don't have a working example.

I might go and set everything (ITP & SIP Trunk) to G.711 only and see what happens. The Internet connections are cable with 50meg down & 2meg up with 3 SIP trunks so not worried about saving bandwidth with G.729a.

Last edited by OldNetworkGuy; 07/17/13 01:06 AM.

Old Network Guy and New Phone Guy, CLI=MMC?