Originally posted by JWRacedog:
Just so ya all know.

I had Tom (test-ok) do the SEO (search engine optimization) for our web site. We wanted to be found under the search terms "Voip in Rockford Illinois". In less than a month, we are now in the # 1 and #2 spot for that key word phrase. Worth every penny we spent. Thanks Tom, I should have done this years ago.

We have been sitting there with our website for about 5/6 years and really got nothing out of it.
Right now, we're coming up before 3 or 4 of the IT companies in the area, and we're starting to get some calls.

Tom also linked our shopping site and also added some links including my facebook page.

We still have some tweaking to do, but in a short time, his SEO has really made a difference. We had tried to do some of this ourselves, but we just couldn't get the job done.

We'll never be an international internet powerhouse---but thousands of our local businesses are using the internet to search for companies. They don't use the yellow pages or the phone books any more. It was silly of us to think that we could just put a website up and magically have it come up in a search.
Thanks for the kudos Mick. I'm glad it's working out and traffic is coming your way. :dance:
Your exactly right about people these days, they now search the internet for services and product..not the Yellow Pages...One huge reason you need to be found.

Just so ya know Mick your site is also on page 1 in Bing and Yahoo too.