<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">you didn't provide me with an answer as to why I can not get a small patch for a program I purchased, three times. Or why I should have to pay for service on a problem three times with the answer, "you need to pay us more money because it's still broke",</font>

That can only be answered by whom ever you were dealing with, when you run across those companies that take you to the cleaners a good thing to do is add that info in the Hall of Shame category.
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25

and I'm sure it wasn't the manufacturing company NEC as you indicated above,and as DrPbx indicated it was with the Interconnect you were dealing with because NEC doesn't work directly with the customer. You do have a legitimate gripe but it isn't with us or NEC it's with you local provider who ever that was. With that being said...I can't answer your question. But I'm glad your getting the help you need. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]