Well, doc . . . perhaps we should have purchased our equipment and support from you. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I was not in charge of that venture as the previous team made a lot of decisions with regards to our technical infrastructure that I would not have made. No offense to EE's at all, but I work for a firm full of them and they were in charge of the whole set up and not one of them had a lick of telecom or IT experience. They simply paid a whole bunch of consultants a whole bunch of money to make their decisions for them. In dealing with our current provider, I have gotten nothing but the runaround when it comes to support so you can see where my frustration comes from.

I fear I was lump-summing a entire group of people when I made my statement. This was short-sighted of me and I certainly wasn't trying to direct my angst toward anyone here. I should have made that clear. test-ok made a reference to stupidity (in fact, several LOL) that made me think of my own ass-showings . . . which I have done so in this very thread.

As far as too much, just about anything to me is too much. I am strapped beyond belief with the mere pittance of a budget I am afforded and I have to make do with equipment that is held together with paper clips and glue. I always shudder when I see a bill and I am quite able to accomplish 95% of what I need to do around the office if only I am shown the way on the things I am not entirely proficient or at least, serviceable in.

Anyhoo, I am not a big part of this community but I have found it to be an excellent source of peer help. Ya'll have helped me out quite a few times and I appreciate it more than you'll know. Especially, you, doc! Funny way of showing it by my statements but again, I wasn't being as prudent as I usually am and spoke on my own terms, not taking into consideration other's positions. I'm better than that but when I read what was going on with chris, a guy who has been a tremendous help to me, I couldn't just keep my big fat fingers off the keyboard.

In conclusion, I apologize again to any of the fine folks I may have offended that help out with people's problems on this board. Your help is needed and appreciated. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by Danno49 (edited August 12, 2004).]

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa