Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
it would seem that drpbx has an issue with my tech support methods (ie manuals, software, whatever). it's his right. and he is the mod for this forum.

so i'll be leaving this fine board.

many thanks to sundance for the boards!!

for those whom i've helped. glad to do it.

for those who i've pissed off, caused a service call, crop circles, mold in the fridge, lost socks in the dryer, whatever...i'm sorry

ftp site will be gone tomorrow (i know this will make your day doc)

if someone needs a manual look in my bio to see how to get a hold of me. i know of a web site (not mine) where you probably can get what you need for free.

my name IS chris lebeck and i'm gone! peace out!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

chrislebeck, Of course I don't know what PM's went on between y'all, but all I saw was he was concerned about YOU getting in trouble. Hate to see anyone leave because of a misunderstanding, those things are bound to happen now and again. Count to 10 have a cool one and reconsider.
Bill

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
We never talked via email or other. He can go to another board, do the same stuff & see if he doesn't get the same reaction. PBX Info is looking for a good NEC mod.

I was wondering chris if you are a certified tech for NEC products how you could not have known it is illegall to post manuals from there site. I mean it is password protected for a reason. Why don't you just post up your tech ID. Or do you know and don't care?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
it would seem that drpbx has an issue with my tech support methods (ie manuals, software, whatever). it's his right. and he is the mod for this forum.

so i'll be leaving this fine board.

many thanks to sundance for the boards!!

for those whom i've helped. glad to do it.

for those who i've pissed off, caused a service call, crop circles, mold in the fridge, lost socks in the dryer, whatever...i'm sorry

ftp site will be gone tomorrow (i know this will make your day doc)

if someone needs a manual look in my bio to see how to get a hold of me. i know of a web site (not mine) where you probably can get what you need for free.

my name IS chris lebeck and i'm gone! peace out!
</font>

Chris you've been a great resource for this forum, be a shame to see you go.

I think DrPbx was just trying to convey that yes, NEC does and will send cease and desist notifications to individual websites or persons that distribute the manuals leeched off NTAC if they find them. (Whether for profit or free).

I'm sure that your intentions were good, however, Sundance is hosting the forums and as a 3rd party probably wouldn't want any legal matters in their lap.

NEC shields their documentation from the public so as to protect the dealer channel. This means more sales for everyone involved (Not to mention job security). If any IT guy can get online and obtain manuals, then why call a dealer? Dealers invest alot of money to train their techs and keeping the documentation available to dealers only is fair.

I think you have offered some great advice here. I can't imagine anyone actually angry with your comments, suggestions, and the now non-existent ftp server.

I'd hope you'd stick around on this forum since it does seem to get a bit of traffic.

CoS

justbill>i understand the trouble thing. but i can find at least 50 sites on the net willing to sell the same info for $20 or more.

n3uro>i am a certified nec tech (from key systems to their pbx's). and like i said to justbill, why can they all get away with it? kellatronics has been doing it for some time now and used to get the manuals and scan every page into a pdf file. but anyway...it's stopped. i'm just bitchin.

cos>that's fine and i'm all about NOT getting sundance in trouble because he does have a fine board.

i've got nothing against the doc because he seems to know his stuff. but his little attitude (IE:Not someone who downloaded a program from a tech stupid enough to give it away) is something i don't have a need for. i have to deal with it all day long at my real job.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited August 09, 2004).]

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
chris
I agree he probably shouldn't have used the word "stupid" but you on the other hand may be a little thinned skinned, I think you may be taking it on a personal level, I believe that comment was more of a general comment and not directed directly at you or about you personally (we don't know what your motives are for posting a free manual that's illegal to do). If you want to leave ...well that's your choice. It was a pleasure getting to know you. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited August 10, 2004).]

I am sorry to see this. I want to thank you for the great support that you provided me.

With best regards,
Keith

i'm not really thin skinned....i just have alot on my plate right at the moment with the wife still in the hospital (now over a month) and her bill (250K and rising), a 4 year old little girl, work, and my wife's now lack of work for this school year.

i have no other motives other than trying to help someone out. that's all.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I say you all take a step back take a big breath and start over, after all we phone techs need to stick together. Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your wife and I hope all gets better. You are more then welcome to stick around.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,400
Posts639,356
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 18
dexman 9
teleco 6
pvj 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 157 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024