Well, Gainseville is certainly out of my general area (about 3 hours away, but I would be happy to talk with you, lightspeed, about getting these guys upgraded to a higher level of software - which is what I think they need for the time being. Obviously the would be far better off to upgrade the whole system but that is not always economically feasible. Other than that I would be more than happy to offer YOU and your technicians remote support via phone and modem which would take care of about 98% of their needs. Anything else I could visit the site. This really ain't brain surgery and I have spent a good part of my time in the phone biz dealing with walking techs and property staff through addressing telephone problems. Stick a modem on the system and you are in pretty good shape.

Now just a word about the whole 911 thing. First whoever installed the CAS in that property could have done a better job. Just about every system has a 911 alarm so even though if it wasn't on the console they should have been able to find it on the CAS printer - even if it was just printing out raw SMDR. Unfortunately most hotel staff are not trained to look for that either and the fire department is not trained to look for it either. So while a 911 which alarms the console is obviously better - they still should have been able to identify the room.. Glad the guy was okay.