Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#489206 03/01/07 04:48 AM
Hello all,
First post, we have 50 to 100 280s phones along with 120s phones and some 120D phones. We have had them for a little over 2 years. About 6 months ago a lot of the 280s phones started having this problem where they would delay in the handset picking up and it would be on speaker for a long time, then the handset would pick up. It happened in mass quantities, 4 or 5 phones a day for 2 weeks. Then it was kind of quiet, we would have a phone here or there with the problem but now we are getting the same thing. 4 or 5 phones every day for the last week with this problem. It happens mostly in the morning and if they can wait it out by the afternoon the call delay seems to get better and there may not be a call delay. The fix: IT grabs them and cleans them out. We unscrew the back, we unscrew the board, we unplug a few jacks on the board and use the canned air to clean it out. Sometimes we also take out the hook spring and open it up for more bounce. Most of the time doing all of this helps, but sometimes it doesn't. The thing is it is specific to happening all at the same time(mainly in a two week spread) and always in the mornings(mainly) and it's only the 280s phones. I know it sounds odd, anyone? Thanks, Wendi

Hi, Wendi Gechter!
Please give info about Coral type and software version (main SW and SFT card SW).
Thanks!

Coral IPX 3000 version 14.66.24 the SFT Card version 3.0. The firmware of the 280s phone is 3.87 or 3.88. Thanks, Wendi

You may want to get the SFT cards upgraded to 3.04... There was a big issue with the 3.0 eproms. I havent had problems with any of my phones since the upgrades to my customers cards.

We have 24 sft cards. I heard the problems were with the 16 sft cards. What are some of the problems with that eprom that others were having?

You may want to check with the Tadiran dealer as there is a hookswitch problem with the softkey phones.

I have been calling our Tadiran dealer and letting him know everything that is said here. He said he hasn't heard of anything and they usually just replace the spring or play with it. He has been in contact with Tadiran who also says they don't know much and is going to get with their repair department and see if they know more. They seem to think it's a hardware issue with the 280S and it seems you all think it's a software issue. I'm torn as it only happens to the 280S, but it comes in big bulks and only in mornings which seems to be more of a software thing. Not sure. Thanks.

When you have opened the phone is there a rubber membrane inside? We have been replacing these and that seems to fix the problem with the hookswitch being slow. When it does not work try pulling up on the hookswitch and see if you get a connection. Just something else for you to try.

The membrane is there, but I will make note and see if the hookswitch helps. It would help to rule out the system vs hardware issue. Thank you!

most of the problems I've run into are phones going into stand alone mode.. Its kind of wierd too because I can take a new phone, plug it in place of the "stand alone mode" phone and the phone comes up. I take the "Stand Alone Mode" phone and plug it into a new port and it works. STRANGE!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,362
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 9
teleco 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 130 guests, and 114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024