I have been working on Avaya systems for 15 years. Now I will agree, some of the resets are too accessible, but that is a price for convienence more than anything. I don't install Avaya voice mail products anymore, unless specifically requested. I can say, I have NEVER personally seen a Partner Mail hacked, especially one that was "hacked" and nothing changed. There is just nothing for a hacker to gain but a few voice mails. It is not like they can download music, spy on you, etc... I would have to agree with the previous poster about someone internal changing the password. If your not sure, download a free trial of Tapit call accounting software and monitor the traffic. One of the reasons that voice mails are not subject to hacking is the fact that everything must be "hacked" by hand. Unlike most computer hackers, who run some type of hacking program, you literally must sit at a telephone and dial into a system to do damage. Becomes too time consuming to do it. The only real "hackers" I have come across are current and former disgruntled employees with access to passwords and procedures.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com