Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Even the new ones are questionable so I recently found out. CP failed. Checked voltage coming off the power supply & it was good, but it wouldn't boot. For kicks & giggles I shook it & from inside I could hear something rattling around. Changed the power supply & all was good.

May not be YOUR problem, but it might.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Lights will go off for a few minutes as was suggested before. You have to be patient and wait 7.5 minutes or more.

make sure that the the serial cable has the correct hand shake. I think you shouldn't use a straight DB9 cable. I had it happen to me when I tried to assign a domain name to the calpilot. I had to cage the ip setup to make it work. Check the manual for the correct pinout for the serial cable.

Thank you Mikeq and all for your comment. I agree with you, mikeq but don't know exactly how to check pin out of my serial cable. I refereed the manual and said 1 no connection, 2 RX, 3 TX, 4 no connection, 5 ground, 6-9 no connection. Can I configure pin out of a serial cable?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
As long as you have a good normal serial cable (you bought one at computer store - not hand-made) then it should be just fine. Then if needed you can just put a null adaptor on it. Try it with or without the null.

If you have tried everything that has been suggested, it may just be a bad unit.

One final thing:
Unplug the cable from the A jack and plug in a phone just to make sure a phone works ON THAT Cable.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,400
Posts639,356
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 18
dexman 9
teleco 6
pvj 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 161 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024