atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paul L Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 05:12 AM
Need to add a 4th line to a Panasonic KXTD816...Have gone into both the station and system programming (** and *#) Have got the button to say co-04 but can't get dial tone on the button...thinking I am doing something wrong on the system side of the programming for it not to come up....is there any programming that needs to be done other than 005 for C.O.'s?....programming from first port on a 7433. Thanks for any help.

Paul
Posted By: Paul L Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 05:14 AM
One more thing....I have dial tone all the way up to the system in case you might think there's a problem there.

Paul
Posted By: OBT Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 06:06 AM
What comes up on the display when you press co 4. Is prog 400 co connect enabled for co 4
Posted By: Paul L Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 06:46 AM
It says co-04 and I never went to program 400 so maybe that's my problem. There were only 3 lines on the system before so I'm guessing co line 4 was just never assigned....other than programs 005 and now 400...would there be any other programs I might want to visit in case the 400 doesn't work?.....just don't want to have to keep going back and forth if you can understand that.

Thanks A Lot
Paul
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 08:49 AM
also check outgoing line permissions day/night lunch/break if applicable ! download the manuals
so you all pertinent codes in front of you whilst on site if you don't have e1232a or ppd1232 !
Posted By: OBT Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 08:53 AM
not sure about the code on US models, but 605 and 606 day out day-night could be another way.

If it says co 4 and the button light comes on green, it is picking the line up so it is not blocked. is that connected to a dk plug or modular plug
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 09:00 AM
yes as OBT says your line 4 connection is on blk/yellow of jack 2 .

recap 5 things that will stop you from using
co line 04 no line appearance on sets,co line not connected in programing ,no outgoing line permission on that ext, station lock high level toll restriction !
Posted By: OBT Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 09:19 AM
Hey Shawn, I must have being typing as you posted ... It sounds like there is no restrictions as it would say.. co not assigned, not, co 04 on display. must be a port fault or bad connection
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 09:29 AM
yep your right easy way to check swap connections from jack 2 to 2 does line 4 grab a dialtone if yes then its a hardware issue?
Posted By: Paul L Re: Programming C.O. - 06/07/11 01:36 PM
Going back in a little while....I think it's just I didn't tell the system that line 4 existed in program 400...but I will check a couple of those other things while I'm there...The system was owned by a previous tenant that left it behind and they only had 3 lines on the system.....everything else when I plugged it in came right up...even the paging worked....I will also check program 401 to make sure that the lines are in seperate groups.....appreciate the helps guys. I'll let you know how I made out.

Thanks,
Paul
Posted By: Paul L Re: Programming C.O. - 06/08/11 05:03 AM
Thanks for your help fellas...went back late yesterday and got everything up and working even the ringing assignments....amazed even myself.

Thanks Again,
Paul
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help