atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 Noisy MICS? - 02/09/18 06:50 AM
Have a customer with a MICS (7.1 SW) and a CallPilot. They have one CI trunk card, and use all 4 lines on that card. They informed me that randomly they will hear a click or clicking on the lines. Have heard this on multiple extensions. I checked the lines coming into the system and couldn't find any faults. Using my test set, I tapped into an active call and monitored the conversations. I could hear no clicks but the receptionist and others in the office swear its there.

I swapped the trunk card with a known spare and rebooted the KSU. No change. They say they are still randomly hearing a click on the line(s). I am having them open a ticket with their provider (CenturyLink) just to verify that the lines are ok, but I suspect that they will find no trouble.

Anyone ever come across anything similar?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/09/18 01:02 PM
CenturyLink?? Do they hand off your phones lines coming out of an Adtran? Those Adtrans start clicking when they are going bad.
Is it on all 4 lines?
When you tapped into an active call and could not hear anything, they could still hear it while you did not? or they could not hear it on that call that you monitored?
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/12/18 05:59 AM
CenturyLink = old Qwest/NW Bell. They are the LEC for the customer.

Lines are delivered via traditional copper. It is analog POTS.

Have heard this on multiple lines, and only on POTS calls. Intercom calls seem fine. I could not hear anything when tapped/monitoring calls.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/12/18 02:41 PM
https://sundance-communications.com...cs/549580/Re_Nortel_cics_popping_clickin
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/13/18 05:47 AM
I've tried everything mentioned in that link, outside of replacing the power supply.
Will check with the customer this week to see if C/L found anything.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/13/18 05:44 PM
Maybe a tech working in a pedestal down the street. No, they won't find anything, or tell you if they did.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/13/18 06:19 PM
Also check to see if the alarm is sharing a trunk with the KSU , and is trying to seize the line ?? Could be bad cap. on power supply,, or Interference from wireless etc .
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/14/18 02:48 PM
Is clicking heard on the KSU?

If SIP (Standard 8X24) software
Move lines/card to 025-028 (031-034) and re-program lines on sets and AA and test.
or
Install temp card and move a bottom line to test.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/17/18 05:26 AM
Have not heard any clicking on the KSU.

Have tried two different trunk cards, no change.

Was told by the customer that C/L hasn’t been there yet.

There is no alarm system or fax sharing these lines.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/17/18 01:16 PM
"Have tried two different trunk cards, no change."

To be clear just in case I am not suggesting to try another card but to try the other ports on the back plane (031-034)
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/18/18 11:55 PM
I just saw the customer in passing this morning, and asked if C/L had responded. She said they did show up and reported that they did find issues on two of the four trunks. No issues noticed since they've been there. Customer also couldn't tell me what was found either.

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

Curlycord, I follow what you're saying now. Next time, I will definitely try the other port numbers as part of my troubleshooting.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Noisy MICS? - 02/19/18 02:59 AM
Thanks for update.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help