atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a customer that would like to add a Valcom 2006A for Zone Paging. The MICS has a DTI Card for lines, a 6 port fiber card connected to a 0X16 and an ASM. I tried a V9970 off an analog station but it does not pass DTMF necessary to get the zones. It appears I need to add a Trunk Card. First, if I add a trunk card, can it go into Slot 3 or do I need to add a TM as well? Second, is this plug and play, with the first line on the LS/DS becoming line 025?

Mike
There is an external page port/contact on all Norstar KSU's.
To page use Feature 60 and choose Sets or Speakers or Both.
To page only Speakers (external page port) use Feature 62 then enter zone #.
Originally Posted by Curlycord
There is an external page port/contact on all Norstar KSU's...........To page only Speakers (external page port) use Feature 62 then enter zone #.

That of course is wrong info.

For external ZONE paging you do need to use a trunk port.
I would assume your DRI is in the right slot. The DS Trunk card goes just left of that.
With 6.1 the first trunk is 31. Not 100% plug & play but close.
"That of course is wrong info."

One
What is with the attitude? did I piss you off some how?

Two
How is it the wrong info? please explain in full detail.

Thanks

I think I get it, Valcom does not integrate well with Norstar like Bogen, Tortech and so on so no choice but to use a line port with Valcom systems?.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Curlycord
..........What is with the attitude? did I piss you off some how?.......How is it the wrong info? please explain in full detail.

Naw - you did not "piss me off".
You are always QUICK to reply.
Most of the time you have good input.
But I think you reply too fast before thinking and there is usually one little part that is not correct.
Sorry - I did not mean it that way.

You said, To page only Speakers (external page port) use Feature 62 then enter zone #.
The little part that is not correct is that after F62 you can't enter zone #. Zone paging is only for Set paging or external using a Trunk.
The poster has indicated he has 6.1, this means DTMF tones are passed through the page port.
Manufacturers such as Bogen or Tortech allow for Tip and Ring paging from Norstar page ports.
Zone paging thus can be accomplished on overhead speakers.

Page port cross-connects to the Tip and Ring on a Zone Module.

F62 to open the port (page request)
Enter the digits required by your zone module (zone request).

"You are always QUICK to reply.

But I think you reply too fast before thinking and there is usually one little part that is not correct."

Not everyone is as young and not forgetful or as sharp as you might be.
Your comments are not welcomed nor were they warranted in the least..

Lets calm this down. Both of you have and give lots of good advice. There are many differences in systems and external equipment so not everyone does things the same way. If you have advice for the OP then please post but there is no need to negative replys if someone else does things differently. With people from different areas and countrys posts can be read wrong and/or misunderstood also equipment may vary.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Mickamg
I have a customer that would like to add a Valcom 2006A for Zone Paging. The MICS has a DTI Card for lines, a 6 port fiber card connected to a 0X16 and an ASM. I tried a V9970 off an analog station but it does not pass DTMF necessary to get the zones. It appears I need to add a Trunk Card. First, if I add a trunk card, can it go into Slot 3 or do I need to add a TM as well? Second, is this plug and play, with the first line on the LS/DS becoming line 025?

Mike

Set a customer with PRI up like this a year ago. They originally had a V2001 but wanted more zones so I installed a V2006. I put the trunk into its own line group and programmed that button on each phone. Occasionally they forget to hangup after a page and neither the Valcom nor the Nortel has a time out disconnect. I wrote up a line/trunk disable procedure and trained the two operators. Haven't been back because paging is locked up! The IP Flex from At&T is another story.
Found some info for use with page port:

If the V-2006A/V-2006AHF is being used with a page
port, set SW6 Battery Feed to OFF (down position).
Page port must:
1. Provide dry page enable contact closure
2. Pass DTMF tones for zone selection
3. Pass audio in both directions when used with
V-2006AHF for handsfree talkback

The reason I was staying with Valcom was simply because the current setup was a Valcom 2001A and a Valcom 24V PS. From this thread my understanding is that there are other products from Bogen and Tortech that integrate better in this scenario (self-amplified speakers)? If so, can I get part numbers to do a little more research on that setup and (FTR 62+zone)? Thanks for all the input and discussion!
I suggest calling Bogen and talk to s sales rep. He/she'll know what you need if you explain what you need to do.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help