atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian Allen CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/05/11 12:56 PM
I've recently been working on a CICS system. I defaulted the system to remove the old customer DB.
Then programed for the CO's and keymaps. Now the Flash mail is not communicating with the System. I've not found any thing in the installation manual about adding the Flash to the system. This is a used system and was already wired with the flash connected to the seventh port of the system. Is there some programming I'm not seeing that now needs to be done to get them to talk. The system and flash have both been reset several times.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/05/11 12:59 PM
Make sure your DN length is the same as it was before you defaulted.
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/05/11 01:15 PM
I did not know to note what the DN setting was before I defaulted the system. What do you recommend the setting should be. This was my first time working on a CICS with a flash on it.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/05/11 02:49 PM
3 digit. It is probably set for 2. Look for an old extension list.
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/15/11 10:28 AM
The Present programming has 3 digit DN's When I moved them off the old 1224 system I made their ext. numbers the same as they had before. Is there any particular ext # the VM needs to be. Can I get into the VM with my laptop and do I need a special program I need to get in.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/15/11 01:06 PM
Did you default the flash too? What software version is it?
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/15/11 01:34 PM
No I did not default the Flash. It is version 2.0.02.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/15/11 02:10 PM
Default Flash and it should start working again. You'll have to re-program.
Posted By: PatsRule14 Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/16/11 07:05 AM
You can see if you are getting a connection by going to Maintence and see if any of the ports say STK1, it still wont work if the DN's dont match, but you will know if the connection is good.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/16/11 08:59 AM
when you try a voice mail feature code what do you see on the screen?
reset everything, easy to reprog
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/17/11 01:38 PM
Do I Program through the CICS or do I need to connect to he flash directly.
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/17/11 01:42 PM
Phone Display indicates Inactive feature when VM codes put into phone.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/17/11 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Brian Allen:
Do I Program through the CICS or do I need to connect to he flash directly.
CICS --> Flash.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/17/11 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Brian Allen:
Phone Display indicates Inactive feature when VM codes put into phone.
The flash has defaulted or has no connection to the KSU. Most likely defaulted, they are prone to that.
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/25/11 07:28 AM
I'm on site, Checked programming found port 108 is DN 107. Maint shows Device for b1/b2 is STK1
state idle, enabled. I'm not finding any way to program the flash in the manuals. I have CICS 6.0 Installer guide, 7.0 installer Guide, Flash Referance guide, 6.1 System Corrdinator guide, call center agent guide and message networking user guide. The version showen in maint. for the system is 30NiG00 NAT. Do I have a correct manual and what terms are used to discribe this programming.
Posted By: Brian Allen Re: CICS Flash mail not Communicating - 08/25/11 07:40 AM
Just found original Programming record DN's were two digit.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help