atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TJMCAPS Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 11:37 AM
I am setting up a tree in the call pilot. Customer wants 1 digit dial select.
when we dial "1" it seems the system is waiting for the second digit to be dialed and times out and repeats the menu. Is there a timer that I have to adjust so that I can use the digit "1" and also to be able to dial "10" (which works now)? The call pilot works with the digit "2" both ways whether I dial the digit "2" only for a direct select or an extension number such as "21". Do I need a laptop to do this programming?
thanks
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 12:42 PM
Did you build path 1 as a transfer path?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 12:46 PM
Sounds like you have setup with AA & not the CCR.
Posted By: TJMCAPS Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 01:47 PM
we set path 1 to xfer Int 25. if we dial "25" direct, it transfers to ext 25 so the path is working.
my access via the phone is F983, then logon and at admin, we select other, then CCR. I am assuming that I am in CCR not AA.
I used a work around when I first setup this menu in the past whereas the first digit used was "2". now the customer insists that we use "1" to start the menu selection.

Tj
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 03:51 PM
Originally posted by TJMCAPS:
we set path 1 to xfer Int 25. if we dial "25" direct, it transfers to ext 25 so the path is working...." tj
Dialing "25" makes AA Xfer the call, Not the CCR.

By chance, is the caller using a cell phone? Some cell phones don't work well with Nortel. Have you tried calling in from another line and tried the CCR prompts? Are the other CCR prompts working, like 2, 3, etc?
Posted By: TJMCAPS Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 04:03 PM
if we dial "10" or "12", the call transfers to the correct extension. when we dial "1", the call reverts back to the main menu. This is why I think the system is looking for a second digit.
we have prompts 2,3,4 and 5 which all work correctly. You dial the individual digit and the call transfers to the correct extension.
6 goes to the general mailbox.
all seem to follow the programming in the CCR screen except for "1".
Tj
Posted By: jwooten Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 04:13 PM
Do your main greeting then go to ccr. Tree 1 home is path 0. Record all your paths here. For Tom press 1- Path 1 (xfr int) ext-25. For Karen press 2 -path 2 (xfr int) ext-26. You exit and save. Place CCR function on line.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 05:37 PM
I haven't had much experience with a Call Pilot, but isn't the CCR the same as the Flash?

With Flash, you can only have 8 options inside the main menu.

If it is the same with Call Pilot, then "1" will take you to the 1st branch of the tree's main menu (assuming it is a menu) & that would explain why it's "waiting for a 2nd digit" as in the path 1-1, or 1-2, etc. If I am right, there can not be a path "10"; "11", "12", etc I'll buy.

In other words, the paths (options) in "O" would be 1-8. The options in the 1st branch would be 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The options within the 2nd branch would be 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and so on.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/11/08 07:16 PM
Are you disabling the CCR menu before changing it? If not your changes won't take effect.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/12/08 04:43 AM
Almost sounds to me like the tree was never enabled.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 02/12/08 10:31 AM
Marv:I agree.

Kevhawk: That's true for Flash, but not with the Call Pilot. With CP, you can change/save while CCR tree is enabled, but it must be idle to save(no callers listening to ccr options).
Posted By: TJMCAPS Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 03/06/08 11:26 AM
I found the problem, we went in with a laptop and found that the menu repeat key was set to "1". I changed it back to none and the calls started to transfer to that extension.
thanks to all for their input.
Tj
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call Pilot and the digit "1" - 03/06/08 01:44 PM
That'll do it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help