atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Burgie13 Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 11:37 AM
I have a customer who wants a function that I am not sure is possible. Here is what she wants.

Whenever the secretary answers a call and then transfers the call to the person's extension. They want the call to ring first at their desk phone (T7316e) and then their cell phone. Is there a way to forward calls to their cell phone? Also they do not want a system voicemail, they want to use the cell voice mail. Oh I am talking about a Nortel CICS system by the way. Thanks
Posted By: Yoda Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 01:04 PM
Line Redirection will do this, but it will tie up 2 lines. The line the call came in on, and the line the system will use to call out to the cell phone.

Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 01:07 PM
Oops :sleep: Sorry, asleep at the wheel. Line redirection will do this, without the secretary's involvement.

Jim
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 01:11 PM
I don't think so. I believe Line Redirection will transfer every call on that incoming line.

It can be done if the lines are Centrex. I have a client that does exactly that. Secretary transfers to his desk. If he's away he engages call forwarding with a "Link" or "Flash" key in the sequence.

Dave
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 01:32 PM
Dave, explain that one please.
Posted By: bodie Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 02:08 PM
You could dedicate another extension that is always forwarded to the cell phone. Then program forward no answer for the user's phone to transfer to this forwarded phone. The only drawback is that you must have a phone that is dedicated to being forwarded offsite at all times to complete this transfer. This way calls ring on the office phone then to the forwarded phone which puts the call through to the cell phone.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 05:18 PM
Why not just have the secretary do a transfer directly to his cell phone?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 05:40 PM
Originally posted by telemarv:
Dave, explain that one please.
Which part? Like I said, unless I'm wrong, "Line Redirection" will indeed send every call that comes in on 555-xxxx for example to that cell phone.

The "Call Forward" that I'm talking about is NOT F4 (For internal use), it's *72.

What I thought I did at the client was preprogram a button on his phone for: F71, F78, F78, xxx-xxx-xxxx. Worked like a charm. It doesn't here so I'll have to check this out tomorrow & report....

It might have been only 1 F78 but I can't remember.

However it must be a Centrex line.

The reason was the secretary didn't know if or when he was in the office, so she would simply transfer to his extension and forget about it. As long as he remembered to engage CF before he left the office, it worked.

I assume this is why Burgie13 wants it.

Dave
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 05:47 PM
A further thought...

I believe the possibility to allow the Line Redirection under Capabilities for a particular set is whether that PERSON has the "authority" to transfer a given line or lines externally.

Dave
Posted By: Burgie13 Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/13/07 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MooreTel:
Originally posted by telemarv:
[b] Dave, explain that one please.
The reason was the secretary didn't know if or when he was in the office, so she would simply transfer to his extension and forget about it. As long as he remembered to engage CF before he left the office, it worked.

I assume this is why Burgie13 wants it.

Dave [/b]
This is exactly what my customer wants.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 04:32 AM
I'll visit the client this am, and see exactly what I did, then repost.

Dave
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 04:50 AM
Check that Dave because I don't think you can have it forward to a speed dial. That would be a manual transfer.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 11:33 AM
Burgie13: Depending on your software release(?) you can set up routing to do this for you. But the person will have to remember to forward their phone when they leave and cancel when they return. If you need further help PM me.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 01:24 PM
OK, I got there this PM & of course the guy no longer works there and to add to it someone changed the programming for his phone. The new guy had his new number though & I finally reached him.

We couldn't use routing as he only had a 3x8 DR5.1.

From what he remembers, what he did when he was leaving was hit DND. By that the receptionist knew that he was out (as that was the only time it was used) and then she hit a speed dial button programmed as: F71 / F78(1-2 times) / xxx-xxx-xxxx. She could then hit R/s right away.

No lines were held up and the call went to his cell.

It works...I just did it here, but like I said B/4, you need Centrex lines to do it.

Sorry for the mix up.

Dave
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 02:07 PM
Ahh thanks Dave, I thought you found some end around to auto forward your phone without using routing, Yes you can use a speed dial as you describe, but it's still a manual proceedure.

Auto Centrex or three-way calling using link feature to transfer is one my biggest wishes for Norstar. No routing, no tying up 2 lines.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/14/07 03:10 PM
This may be a manual method, but at least it does not tie up ANY lines. Important on a small or very busy system.

When I was talking to him, he reminded me that we did indeed try something like I originally posted, but it wouldn't always work. I forget the reason though.

Dave
Posted By: Telemaniac Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/18/07 12:07 PM
This problem can be resolved utilizing a single line port and voice-modem + software which will receive the incoming call(after forwarding), Hookflash, then dial the cell. When answered it will release the call.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/18/07 12:48 PM
Still a manual method though.

Dave
Posted By: Burgie13 Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/27/07 08:25 PM
We got it to work thru call forwarding on the phone, but now after you hang up the lines remain busied for over a minute any explanation?
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/28/07 05:08 AM
Trunks need to be set to supervised.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/28/07 05:11 AM
Disconnect supervision isn't working.

I know you must have it turned on in order to program external call forward, so that's not the problem.

Check the DS timer, listen to the line to be sure your telco is sending a DS signal.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Call foward to cell phone - 09/30/07 06:37 PM
What does a DS signal sound like Marv?

Jim
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call foward to cell phone - 10/01/07 05:25 AM
You'll hear a click and a buzz as the line is opened and loop current drops to 0 momentarily.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help