atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clock67 FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 10:18 AM
I am trying to connect to our FastRAD through a direct connection using the RS-232 direct connection. I have programmed the RAD with the correct password to match the password I have enetered into remote utilities. When trying to connect, I am getting and error. It says it is unable to make a connection to the RAD.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software to make sure things were correct there. Also, I have re-programmed the password in the RAD to insure we are correct there.

I would love to hear from anyone having this configuration, as I am stumped.
Posted By: Mike Evans Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 10:44 AM
I had this problem a few times using a usb->serial converter to connect to the RAD. The only thing I was able to do to get it working was to use a different com port (usb port) on my laptop.
Posted By: pts technician Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 10:50 AM
The baud rate should be 9600.
Posted By: clock67 Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 11:00 AM
Mike, thanks, I will have to find an adapter and give this a try.

pts, I have the baud rate @ 9600. Any other thoughts?
Posted By: luv2ski Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 12:15 PM
com port correct and working..try 19200 for direct
Posted By: clock67 Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 01:23 PM
A bit more information. I can see in the Remote Tools window, lower right corner, that it says "Connecting" after I click "Connect". After about 5 seconds, I receive a message in the connection window saying "RAD Did Not Respond". The lower right corner of the Remoe Tools window returns to "Off Line".

I have rechecked the password, as I am second guessing what should be a simple setup. The comm port is active. Perhaps I have a faulty cable? 19200 with the same response.
Posted By: telemarv Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/03/07 04:58 PM
Are you using the correct cable? Null modem.
Posted By: clock67 Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/06/07 06:24 AM
I have changed the cable twice with new ones. Finally got a good one. Go figure. Thanks for all the assistance!
Posted By: Bloomquist Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/06/07 04:04 PM
I never used a null modem/cross over cable...I don't think it will work. I do know that a straight through works fine for me...it's the same cable I use for 90% of my phone equipment.
Posted By: clock67 Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/07/07 05:55 AM
Bloomquist, yes, a straight RS-232 is what I am using, I just got several bad ones. I have never had this type of issue before.
Posted By: telemarv Re: FastRAD Direct Connection Problem - 08/07/07 08:51 AM
My point was to make sure you were NOT using a null modem cable. Sorry for the confusion.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help