atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/24/07 07:35 PM
Customer bought a used Norstar MICS with a StarTalk VM. The system MICS version is a 30EMUM10, which I interpret as a modular DR5. Customer wanted newer voicemail,so they bought a Call Pilot 100 V 3.1.

I was brought in to make it all work. The systems work, but there are problems. I was hoping the CP100 would be backwards compatible, but it might be that the DR5 is too backwards.Here's the symptoms-

When calling in, the CP100 answers after 4 rings as it should, but system says "This Mailbox has not been initialized.." I tried initializing Ext 21, operator mbx and General delivery mbx. It makes no difference.

also, Night service does not cause instant answering after burst ring, but still rings 4 times.

Checking the DR5 programming, I can find no ringing groups.

Am I missing something?
Posted By: rich30529 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/24/07 09:25 PM
MICS software 4.1 or better for the CallPilot.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/24/07 10:45 PM
Can the DR5 be upgraded to 4.1 or better? I'm not sure where DR5 stands in relation to 4.1 -7.0.

If so, I would just buy a newer software card and reprogram after reboot w new card?

Thanks
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/24/07 10:49 PM
So, how does the DR5 work with the StarTalk? No ringing groups?

It's strange that everything else works. I was able to configure everything, and the VM answers incoming calls-on SOME mailbox.
Posted By: vad60 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 06:47 AM
Its Answer on 4th ring cause by Default all DNs set up to 4 rings on CFNA and you set up your CallPilot to the same number of rings and by Default all DNs have lines 1&2 Appear and Ring that is why all calls goes every time in different mailboxes which ever system chose. You have to asign only one extension to ring on Incoming lines and make CFNA to 6 rings or make CP pick up after 3 rings befour CFNA ocures.
For the Night mode you have to go to Services-Ringing Group and replace Ext 21 to VM extension for ringing group1. Change your Night mode to Manual operation and you will be fine.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 10:07 AM
Originally posted by jjimm:
Can the DR5 be upgraded to 4.1 or better? I'm not sure where DR5 stands in relation to 4.1 -7.0.

If so, I would just buy a newer software card and reprogram after reboot w new card?

Thanks
To upgrade you would have to start from scratch. You will have to have a new NVRAM card to upgrade as well. I recommend an upgrade to 7.1, replace the NVRAM card, reprogram the system.

It has been so long since I have seen a DR5 MICS, I can't tell you for sure if it has ring groups or not. What I will say is that even though the DR5 software and CP are not compatible, it will probably still have some functionality. This is why some things don't work and some things do work. The only way the CP will ever work properly is to upgrade the MICS software to a compatible level. As stated, it has to be 4.1 or better to work.

Any further time spent trying to make it work with DR5 will be futile.

Hope this helps, goodluck :toast:
Posted By: telemarv Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 04:57 PM
DR5 would in a Modular 824, NOT in a MICS.

Call pilot is not supported on the older 824.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 05:30 PM
Originally posted by vad60:
For the Night mode you have to go to Services-Ringing Group and replace Ext 21 to VM extension for ringing group1. Change your Night mode to Manual operation and you will be fine.
There is no "Ringing Groups" under "Services" nor is there hunt groups anywhere. I don't see any way to control the port that rings.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 05:35 PM
This small business customer should have stuck with his StarTalk and noisy cooling fan. Once more here's a customer that tried to skimp (by using antiquated, cheap equipment)but ends up paying the piper (upgrade cost) anyway.
Posted By: vad60 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 05:57 PM
If it MICS as you said and you have Terminal& Sets as your first choice go More-More to Services. Press Show its supposed to change to Ringing Services, press Show again it should bring you to Ringing Group, press Show again it should ask you to enter Group#. Press List and then Show again it will show you what Ext. is asigned to that Group. Change it to VM Ext. Let me know how did it go.
Posted By: vad60 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/25/07 06:00 PM
You can not have Hunt Group in 2 digits dialing plan. Has to be min. 3.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/27/07 09:11 AM
Originally posted by vad60:
If it MICS as you said and you have Terminal& Sets as your first choice go More-More to Services. Press Show its supposed to change to Ringing Services, press Show again it should bring you to Ringing Group, press Show again it should ask you to enter Group#. Press List and then Show again it will show you what Ext. is assigned to that Group. Change it to VM Ext. Let me know how did it go.
I understand where it's supposed to be. In "Services" when you press "Show" you get "Control Sets". There's no Ringing Groups shown in this software.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/27/07 09:25 AM
The problem I was having was the ringing conflict between the amount of DRT rings and the amount of CFNA rings. The CFNA rings was lower so It didn't work. By increasing the rings to be equal or more than the DRT rings, it works fine.

The Cal Pilot is working fine. I haven't heard of anyone actually have one fail. Nortel doesn't recommend this one, but it seems to work just fine.
Posted By: jwooten Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/27/07 11:05 AM
I confused here.. Are you running an 8x24 or a MICS.
Posted By: vad60 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/27/07 11:54 AM
What about your Night mode?
Posted By: BOBCOMM Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/28/07 06:01 PM
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY DR SERIES SOFTWARE FOR A MICS---ME THINKS YOU HAVE AN 8X24 MODULAR ( MICS SOFTWARE BEGAN AT 1.0 )
Posted By: rich30529 Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 03/28/07 06:10 PM
You gotta take the CAPS off Bobaloo eek

CAPS indicate yelling. :toast:

Glad to have you aboard welcome
Posted By: jjimm Re: DR5 and Call Pilot - 04/11/07 02:10 PM
Sorry about late response. It IS an 8x24, and the CP10 is still working fine.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help