atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello,

I have some older circa 1999 DS2000's and when I lift up the headset and attempt to dial a number I do not hear any sounds. Basically, I have no idea if I am actually dialing a number because there is no feedback. Is anyone aware of a way to turn this on? I have the quick reference guide but it does not help.
Do you have dial tone if you press Speaker button? if answer is yes then you have bad handset or phone. If you go off hook and CO line lights up but you cann't hear dial tone then maybe you have dead line. Try to press another line button and compare. But if you have Non Display telephone then maybe you phone is dead!!!!
Reading your post one more time I found that you are actually talking about DTMF sound. Did you try to plug in another set instead? If another telephone OK then you have bad phone.
does the call go though ?

does the phone work other than that ?

one phone or all ?

what are you using for outside lines ?

POTS , T1 , PRI ?

it was a option on the older TCX series but I don't recall it with the 2000 , I just looked through the manual quickly and didn't see anything
All of the calls go through, the other phones in our small network have the same type of an issue. Meaning the call is placed however, (like the person posted above) the DTMF sound is not generated.

Maybe it was an option to even have the DTMF sound on these phones? My hope was something was just not turned on.
if DTMF wasn't being generated the call wouldn't go through .

I just looked a little closer through the manual and I don't see it as a option

do you hear dial tone when you lift the handset ?

if everything is functioning what's the issue ?

can you access things that require a *or # ?

if you have a ti or PRI you may not have dial tone or tones when you dial
I do hear the dial tone when I pick up any of the handsets.

The issue is that there is not an auditable sound when I press the keypad numbers. So I never know if I am actually pressing a number.

Yes I can access things that require the * or #.

No T1, I would need to check on the PRI.
Originally posted by bulldog:
I do hear the dial tone when I pick up any of the handsets.
Is your inability to hear the DTMF occuring on all, some, or just one instrument?
well if you hear dialtone then the PRI question isn't applicable .

since *and # work the DTMF is being generated .

has this always occurred or new ?

one other thought would be LD carrier having a dialer in place absorbing the digits.

who is your LD provider ?

my suggestion would be to power the system up and down and if that doesnt do it call in a Tech .

anything further goes beyond the scope of end user programing
The lack of hearing the tone occurs at all phones, we have about 15.
I think you have your lines or telephones setup for rotary dialing. In this case you should hear clicking after you dial the number. Every digit will give you as many clicks as the number itself(9 wil give you 9 clicks). But in this case your dialing should take awhile. By the way can you communicate with any Voice Mail system. If the answer is yes then your DTMF tone set to be silent. On Toshiba system you can do that.
I do not believe that the phone is set up for rotary calling, when I enter in a number is quickly dials. Possibly is would be that the DTMF is set to silent. I will have to take a look at the box, maybe it is not an individual phone setting.
No its system wide. Ask any tech to come over and take a look.
One quick question. Was this something that just started happening, or is it something that has been nagging the customer since the system was put in.

I have a 2.xx.xx cpu around here somewhere. If I can find it I'll see if it makes audible tones in the reciever
Ok the oldest cpu I have is a 2.04.00 from October of 2001 and I can hear the tones.
This has been an ongoing issue since the phone system was installed a number of years ago. It has just not gotten to the point where I would like to do something about it.

Do you think it could be a setting in the pbx box?
When Nitsuko first came out with the DS2000 no tone would be heard when numbers were dialed, not in the handset not over the speaker.
Thanks Dans
That's what I was thinking too. That's why my first question was how long has it been doing this?
The old norstars were that way too.
That solves the it. Thanks for all of the replys.
you could have the software upgraded
How difficult is the software upgrade?
Best bet is a new B CPU but you would nave to manually reprogram from scratch, but you could get the cable and PC program and it would be easy
your to the point that it would be well worth your while to establish a relationship with a local ds2000 certified tech.

you can look for one here

a good tech can look at how you do business and suggest ways to utilize the features and add ons to maximize your communications
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help