atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fifty5footer Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/10/10 02:37 PM
I heard a rumor that Hampton has a new requirement for lobby phones. They need to be allowed to make local calls, be restricted from calling a room directly, but allowed to be TRANSFERED to a room.
Any ideas on how to make that work?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/10/10 03:48 PM
If the room numbers start with a common digit, like 7, do it in ARS. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, will be a little tougher, but I think it can still be done! It's going to require a little thought! It will require putting lobby phones in a separate tenant, that still has access to '9' and /or '8' trunks. And the rest of the property with the exception of the admin cannot access that tenant. The more I think about this, the property will be required to have 4-digit room numbers starting with 7 or maybe 6.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 07:15 AM
How would that stop the rooms from calling the directly, but allowing the console to transfer them to a room?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 08:08 AM
Because the call would be treated as a trunk call on a denied trunk group that is only available to the lobby phone, in its tenant group. It would not cause a problem in the admin and tenant group(s) because they would not have access to the lobby tenant group. The lobby phone would not have access to the rooms because ARS would kick in and take the call made by the lobby phone and deny the call. The digit string would be X, no following digits, local, and the route would be whatever you use for denied calls. I use 200. Devious but I think it will work. I don't have anything to try it on right now. My lab system is 150 miles away and I probably won't be there for another month, or more. Oh, the admin phone ext #'s could not start with 7, nor could the lobby phone(s).
Posted By: mingo1964 Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 10:47 AM
Why not just make the lobby phones direct to ars.Then when they need to call a room the console can call the lobby phone then transfer.
Posted By: mingo1964 Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 10:49 AM
Not sure if cor still works on a direct to ars call.Now that I think about it I guess you are bypassing ars so cor will not work.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 11:11 AM
The ARS still works w/ direct to ARS. The requirement is for the lobby phone to call the front desk, and have the operator transfer.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 04:31 PM
What kind of system is it?
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/11/10 04:34 PM
I think your answer is tenanting and device interconnect table.
Posted By: TDS Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/12/10 04:56 AM
Use A phone with a programable speed dail to call
hotels main # & label front desk
Posted By: johnp Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/12/10 04:56 AM
I agree, tenanting and tenant interconnection. I don't think it would be able to be transferred to a room, but a room could be transferred to it.
Posted By: johnp Re: Call Block/ Tenanting Override - 05/12/10 05:28 AM
You could also use ars for dial zero calls depending on software level. For call identification, I would likely loop a couple of did trunks to co ports.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help