atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi,
I am new to Mitel systems and have previous experience only with Asterisk/AsteriskNow with quite basic setups.

I have taken over a configured Mitel 3300, and would like to set it up so that when a certain extension is dialled internally, if the line is busy it goes to voicemail. But if an external number dials the direct line and the line is busy, the call is directed to a different extension.

I'm not sure what config specific details I should provide to help...
I'd really appreciate any assistance with this, thanks!

--Josh
Program the call forward busy external for the extension. This can be done at a display set, the console or by feature access code. The internal calls will follow the current rerouting to voice mail.
You can also use the "Call Rerouting first alternative assignment form" to make the same thing happen. Once changes are made in this form you assigne the number to the station in the " Call rerouting assignment form"
Thanks for the replies. I've found the 'Feature Access Code Assignment' section and can see the 'call forward busy external' option, but I can't see where to program it for a particular extension...if I go to change that option, I just get two fields "Primary Code' "Alternate Code"?

--Josh
Just program a feature code in Primary code, like *31. Go to the phone and dial *31xxxx where xxxx is the target. This feature can be changed or deleted at the station. If you use Rerouting like Alex suggested, it can not be undone by the user.
Hi Jimmyv,
I'll give that a go, thanks for the help.
"If you use Rerouting like Alex suggested, it can not be undone by the user."
-------------------------------------------------
Not all bad!
wink
Hi,
I've tried setting a primary code, then dialling it from a phone with the format: PrimaryCodeExtensiontoForwardTo , but I don't seem to be having any luck. Are there other steps that I should be doing? frown
(after I dial the primary code and the extension I want to forward to, it seems like it does something because the phone beeps for a few seconds, but in testing it it hasnt changed)
To program and activate Call Forward:

Lift the handset.

Dial the appropriate Call Forward Feature Access code.

Dial the destination number.

What type of phone are you trying to forward? Superset or Analog ???

Hang up.
You may also want to review the below in the station COS

Programming
Ensure that the forwarding station and the destination station are permitted to connect to one another in the Interconnect Restriction Table.

For Call Forward Follow Me (Third-Party) and I Am Here forwarding, enable Call Forwarding Accept in the Class of Service Options Assignment form of the forward destination.

Program the Number Of Forward Hops in the System Options Assignment form.

To allow forwarding to an external destination, enable Call Forwarding (External Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

To allow forwarding to an internal destination, enable Call Forwarding (Internal Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

For Call Forward Follow Me, enable Group Call Forward Follow Me Accept and Group Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.

For Call Forward Follow Me (Third Party), enable Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form for the remote telephone.

If you intend to use feature access codes in Operation, assign the following codes in the Feature Access Code Assignment form:

Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (External Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (External Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Remote

Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Call Forwarding I Am Here
From the maintenance screen type

loc fea ext xxxx <CR> (ext # in place of xxxx)

What do you get?
@ AKroger
I followed those first steps originally, but after I dial the access code I entered into the Feature Access Code Assignment page, then dialled the extension to forward to, my phone then double-beeps, and I noticed if I wait a while it just displays 'invalid'
The phone is a Mitel 5207

In response to the other settings
---------
Ensure that the forwarding station and the destination station are permitted to connect to one another in the Interconnect Restriction Table.
-There are no entries in this list, if I click 'Change' I get a screen with all entries saying 'not restricted'

For Call Forward Follow Me (Third-Party) and I Am Here forwarding, enable Call Forwarding Accept in the Class of Service Options Assignment form of the forward destination.
-I don't see this anywhere?

Program the Number Of Forward Hops in the System Options Assignment form.
-The number of forward hops is set to 2

To allow forwarding to an external destination, enable Call Forwarding (External Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.
To allow forwarding to an internal destination, enable Call Forwarding (Internal Destination) in the Class of Service Options Assignment form
-I'm trying to forward to an internal extension, the option is set to yes

For Call Forward Follow Me, enable Group Call Forward Follow Me Accept and Group Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form.
For Call Forward Follow Me (Third Party), enable Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow in the Class of Service Options Assignment form for the remote telephone.
-I can't see this in my list

Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding Busy (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (External Source)

Call Forwarding Busy (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Cancel Call Forwarding No Answer (Ext & Int Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (External Source)

Call Forwarding No Answer (Internal Source)

Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Remote

Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me Third Party

Call Forwarding I Am Here

-All of these are set
--------------------

@ JimmyV
I get:

IP Device ID: 71
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 71 1
Extension : 928
Active Features :
Call Forward No Answer External : 913
Call Forward Busy External : 913
MAC Address :
(MAC address listed)

When I call the number from an external number though, when I don't answer it goes to my voicemail rather than forwarding the call.

(Once again, really appreciating the help!)
Hi,
I just tried the those steps again, but forwarding to a different extension, and it works. I'm not sure what's up with the particular extension I was trying but I can work around it.

Thanks to everyone for the help!
The double beep is a confirmation tone, and if you wait off hook and get a busy tone with an " invalid " message, the phone will do that because it times out when you access dialtone without dialing a #.

Alex
Ahh I see, that makes sense. Thanks AKroger.
I'm going to look around for some guides and study this system smile
While your logged into the system and you hit the help button on the top right it will access the system manual
I'll have a look. Cheers. :thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help