atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nile SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/19/07 02:15 PM
Is maintenace Software for Mitel SX200 EL/ML available anywhere to download? I have a problem with 2 phones that don't ring but can get connected. I was told to check the programing, but don't have a software to do this? Could this be another issue. I have ruled out bad phone.

Thanks
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/19/07 03:21 PM
1: Check the physical phones. What happens when you call those extensions. Does the caller hear ringback tone, or does it ring 1 or 2 times and either quit or go to voice mail. Have you tried another IDENTICAL phone? What was the result?
2: Hyperterm works fine, IF you have the password.If you don't have the password, why not and maybe you shouldn't be messing around with something you aren't authorized to be in. You will probably create more problems than you cure! Oh, and by the way, IT experience is NOT an automatic qualification to work on phone systems. WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD!
John C.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/19/07 03:23 PM
Do you know who installed this system & maintained it? This system is a PBX and not particularly end-user friendly--although "maint" functions are not that difficult.

You can either program some supervisor functions from a phone or tap into the system with a laptop and program via hyperterminal. Passwords may stop you. The installer may have his/her own password in there for security reasons.

Do you have a relationship with a local Mitel installer. That's your best bet. He/she can make changes fairly quickly and perhaps give you some training, also. That's what we do. Good luck.
Posted By: nile Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/20/07 01:43 PM
Hypterminal worked, TX... Is there a factory default pswd for Mitel SX-200EL/ML ?
Posted By: vad60 Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/20/07 03:08 PM
If you don't know default pswd for Mitel do not touch the system becuase to program telephone to wirk it is not simple task on Mitel.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/20/07 03:58 PM
Vad60 is right-on. If you don't know the factory default PW, stop now and save yourself a LOT of nightmares and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I get the feeling you are a motel owner trying to save a little $. Look for cost savings in other areas.
And what was the result of the tests I asked you to try. You may have really cheap problems. When you try an IDENTICAL phone, make sure you use the line cord that is with the IDENTICAL phone.
We'll try to help you, but PW's are generally not available unless you can convince us that you are qualified to use them! Sorry.
John C.
Posted By: jayman Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/20/07 05:19 PM
I agree with John C.It could be something simple like a line cord or jack,or a bad port on the card.Unless your a tech I would call in a sevice ticket.Could save you a big headache and money Thanks Jayman
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/21/07 05:27 PM
Nile, have you noticed 2 things here.
1: You can tell where we live and work, unlike you. That is a tip-off to us that you are probably not qualified to fool around with Mitel.
2: We are ALL suggesting you contact qualified help.
John C.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/22/07 08:06 AM
I say let them learn the hard way.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/23/07 09:35 AM
Alright, then, You PM him the PW. I may be a bitter old f--t, but I won't do that to him!
John C.
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/23/07 10:30 AM
Nile,
Obtaining factory level passwords, and using them to access and perform unqualified engineering may result in further increasing the initial problem with your Mitel SX200. As mentioned by our other members, you really should contact a Certified Mitel Installer/Technician to have this problem corrected.
Posted By: nile Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/26/07 07:07 AM
This Topic can be closed now.... It turned out to be a bad power supply.

Thanks for everyones Input.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/26/07 06:28 PM
Duh, uh. I know that Bardstown is a nickname like big apple for NYC, or windy city for Chicago, but I cannot for the life of me think what city/town! Somebody help an 'old geezer' out, please. John C.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/26/07 06:38 PM
Kentucky??
Posted By: ThePhoneGod Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/26/07 06:40 PM
i believe its a town in Kentucky
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 EL/ML PABX - 03/27/07 04:00 PM
Gee, ya spose if I google or dogpile it, I'll get an answer?! Duh, uh! John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help