atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scotty Woods Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/26/16 07:49 PM
I am setting up my first summit 80. The problem is not actually auto hold, but it is close. I have my lines button mapped to 1,2 and 3. If I am off hook on CO 1, and press the button for CO 2, it puts line one on hold, then if I just hang up, its like it is doing a line to line transfer. How can I disable that. If I am on one line and push another, I want it to disconnect the first line.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/26/16 08:44 PM
Station attributes II (pgm 112) flex button 2....turns auto hold on/off but the default is supposed to be off.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/27/16 02:00 PM
I had found that, and it is off. I found this in the F&O manual, but it only makes reference to it, not where to find the feature. I think this is what I am looking for.

2.41.1 Automatic Hold
Description
While on an active outside call, the system will place the call on hold automatically if you press the [FLASH], [CONF], {DSS/BLF} or other feature buttons. In addition, your station can be programmed to support Line to Line Automatic Hold. In this case, pressing an outside Line button while on an outside call will place the active call on hold and access the selected Line.

I have defaulted the system and it does it right out of the box....
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/27/16 09:59 PM
I don't think you can change line-to-line hold. If you can, I haven't found the setting.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/27/16 11:10 PM
The only auto hold is the one I described. It is the feature you found in the F and O manual. In the A&P guide it is described like this:

Pgm 112 Button 2
Enables Auto Hold for the station. With Auto Hold enabled, the system will place an active external call on hold if the user presses a CO/IP or DSS button.

Since it defaults off try turning it on....maybe it works backwards from what we think.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/29/16 07:11 PM
I tried turning it on and it does not affect what I am dealing with. What happens is if you switch to another line, it puts the first line on what I would call exclusive hold, it is lit steady red on the other phones, then if you release the second line, it joins them together in a conference situation. The lights are steady red and you can not get back into the call on either line. You just have to wait for it to timeout, I guess, and it will release them. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have upgraded to the latest software per Vertical's suggestion, but it has not made any difference.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/29/16 08:52 PM
Yes, I see it happening, but have never had any complaints.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/29/16 11:33 PM
Its simple, best hit the switchhook before selecting a different line key. Auto hold defaults to ON for the attendant OFF for all other stations.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/30/16 01:47 AM
Unfortunately, the auto hold setting doesn't change it.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 01/30/16 07:12 AM
You can do an off net transfer...co to co unless off net forward is disabled which may control this as well. Just a guess pgm 111 button 14
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/02/16 05:40 PM
Derrick was close. In order to disable the feature causing the OP's issue, you'll have to turn "Auto Transfer By Button" to off. Unfortunately, this will require your users to press "Transfer" to transfer calls to extensions. You will not be able to do a one-touch DSS Button transfer.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/02/16 09:41 PM
Auto Transfer By Button did the trick! I personally had rather have to hit the transfer button anyway. This way you don't have calls getting transferred by accident, and you won't have lines getting tied together for five minutes. Thanks
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/02/16 09:48 PM
Maybe its just me, but if I am dialing a number and hit a wrong button, I will just hit another CO line and dial again. I guess that is where my problem would come in. I might be the only one that does this? Who knows.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/02/16 11:19 PM
Auto transfer by button...I learned something today that I have overlooked as an option.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/19/16 03:03 AM
I have had this same issue after I updated from p1 to p1. In p2 there is no option under pgm 111 for "auto transfer by button"
Is it in a different location? The p2/800 docs show it in pgm111.

Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/19/16 02:02 PM
Its not in the documentation for FP1, but I don't know if the option is actually in the system...I suspect it still is.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/19/16 02:40 PM
sorry, typo....I meant to say after upgrade from p1 to p2, the auto transfer issuse was enabled but cant turn it off. Its in the docs for p2 suposedly under pgm111 but I can't find it there.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/19/16 03:01 PM
It's #4 in PGM 111.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/20/16 01:40 AM
It's not there in p2. I checked 2 other systems too. I guess they added it to the docs but deleted the feature...
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/20/16 03:11 PM
Well, I don't know what to say. To be honest, I'm looking at the eMG80, but it is there in Phase 2. Guess you'll need to call Vertical.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/20/16 05:20 PM
It is in the off net software for phase 2
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/22/16 07:30 PM
I don't know Derrick. I don't really use the off-net software.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/24/16 04:48 PM
What is the off net software?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/24/16 06:25 PM
Its a system programming simulator program that opens in a web browser. You can create a new database or modify/view an existing one without being connected to the actual Summit system. It is very helpful.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/25/16 03:06 PM
I forgot about that, I always thought of it as the OWA program.I tried to use it in class but my windows pc didn't like the install and it never worked for me so I just use a p2 demo system.

I guess the field for that feature got lost in the shuffle...not a big deal just so I know I'm not crazy. Thanks so much for your time.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/26/16 09:43 PM
SOLVED! I upgraded to the latest version of P2 (1.2.11) and the auto tranfer by button is now there under p111 #4

I guess the early versions just didn't have it even tough it was in the manual.

Thanks for all the help!
Posted By: Derrick Re: Summit CO Lines Auto Hold? - 02/26/16 09:58 PM
Good information to have.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help