atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sonny88 sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/02/12 04:11 PM
Hi, need help in troubleshooting this new install...sbx with t1/pri module. I am getting the carrier dial-tone but can't dial-out and the carrier says that the d-channel is locking-out. I have a 4035-00 module and have tested the system in an existing PRI circuit and it works as soon as I plug-in to the ksu on default.
What is the pin-out of the PRI jack?...is it the same as a standard T1/PRI? 1,2 and 4,5? the only difference with the existing PRI is that it has an HDSL box on-site whereas here in the new install the carrier is using a multiplexer. what could be causing the d-channel to lockout? thanks.
sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/02/12 08:40 PM
Pin out is the same for T-1 and Pri. Is the PRI in question originating from a soft switch?
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 09:17 AM
Not a softswitch as per the carrier as we had a conference call with Vertical tech support. Vertical says the sbx is auto-negotiating...i've sent a call trace to Vertical for their analysis but got no answer yet for almost a week. The difference on LED with the existing install is that the LED7 is ON:Multifrace Establish Alarm but when I test it in to another working site...it works as soon as I plug-in the RJ-45 jack to the PRI interface and the LED7 is OFF.
Thanks.
sonny
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 11:44 AM
It's a DMS100...thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 11:55 AM
This is only an outbound problem? Incoming is working? Switch one, three and four on the pri card are all set to off?
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 12:38 PM
Thanks Derrick.
Problem is both inbound and outbound...and the carrier (TELUS) says that there's carrier but the d-channel keeps on locking-out.

I am actually looking-up for what those dip switches mean...but no luck. Should I try doing the dip switches?

sonny
Posted By: nonameyet Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 06:24 PM
Just a thought, have you tried using a crossover -- reverse the pairs? I have had to do that sometimes like from an ESI system to a Vertical Wave.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/03/12 08:02 PM
They should be set to off for PRI...on for a plain ole T1. Also the pinout should be straight thru from the smart jack 1,2,4,5. I usually wire all eight and make sure all pairs work.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 08/10/12 08:46 PM
Hi Brian/Derrick, I tried the cross-over cable and even tried coordinating with the carrier on the cable pairs and do trial & error but still no luck. I guess I will have to wait for the call trace analysis c/o Vertical engineering group through tech-support. I already cut-over the system using the existing analog lines. Thanks and regards. sonny
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 10/18/12 05:25 PM
Hi, Vertical ended-up sending a trace tool and have sent them the captured call logs...then they sent me a file and upgraded the PRI module firmware then it suddenly worked. It seems that they have to customize the PRI module in cases that the existing firmware won't match the carrier's PRI interface. //sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 10/18/12 08:22 PM
How long did all this take to fix?
Posted By: MnDave Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 10/19/12 02:49 PM
sonny88, Thank you for the follow up!
Posted By: sonny88 Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 12/17/12 07:40 PM
Hi Derrick, it took us and Vertical about a month includes Vertical sending the trace tool, me sending them the captured data and Vertical Eng has to study which will take them a while and come-up with a firmare to be uploaded to the PRI module)...I'm thinking Vertical have to complement the signaling of the carrier as they are claiming that the SBX PRI is self-negotiating.

I am thinking of buying the trace tool in case I encounter the same thing again...hope not!

Sorry for the late response.
Sonny88
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: sbx pri d-channel lockout - 12/18/12 03:49 AM
Sonny thanks for letting us know the outcome. It will help all of us if we run into this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help