atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DT98 Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/17/12 09:05 PM
Phone extensions are locking up on our Magix/Legend system. The screen will still be on but no other functions. It will not be all phones, just one here or there. The only way to clear the problem is to unplug/replug the phone or power cycle the system.
I'm an old ole former AT&T tech and the vendor has been out to check the system and says all they can figure/recommend is to replace the battery in the processor. I thought the processor had a super cap instead of a battery. Regardless, I assume that will require swapping out the processor.
Any ideas? It's a two cab system as follows:
(Left to right) 491E1 p/s, Processor W/CKE5 R3.0 V7.0, 800 GS/LS, 024 TDL, 412 TDL LS, 412 TDL LS, Merlin Messaging, CAB 2, 491E1 p/s, 016 T/R.
I'm trying to find out if the locking up extensions are all on the same card or not.
thanks again!

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/17/12 09:13 PM
I doubt it's the processor battery.
If this is a new problem, your correct finding out if the sets are on the same card. That would be my 1st guess.
Next if not on same card are they the same carrier.
If so I would check the PSU in the carrier.
Let us know what you find.
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/17/12 09:42 PM
Thanks Hitechcom,
The problem would be to carrier 1 because the only card in the second carrier is the 016T/R card...correct?
If the issues are not on the same card, I was thinking power supply too.
thanks!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/18/12 12:33 AM
Yes
What your saying is correct.
Posted By: dexman Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/18/12 01:04 AM
Check the system error log to see if it yields any clues. Some MLX sets were prone to "falling asleep", but I'm not aware of any such issue with TDL sets.
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/18/12 03:14 PM
"Falling asleep"...sounds like some workers I know of laugh

Is there a fix for the MLX narcolepsy? Regardless, I don't think there are any MLX phones on the system. I think they are all 4400 series phones...
Posted By: dexman Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 09/18/12 03:35 PM
"Napping", "catching a few Zs" wink

For MLX phones, it would be to replace the sets. The system error log might yield some clues about any possible problems.
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/30/13 08:41 PM
Update...all the cards have been swapped one by one with no results. Next we are going to change the backplane/cabinets. The backplanes come with 491D p/s. Is it ok to use these or should the original 491E1 p/s be moved over to the backplane and the 491D p/s removed?
Posted By: dexman Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/30/13 10:07 PM
So all of the expansion modules have been replaced that would leave the processor, the phones.& in-house wiring.
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/30/13 10:37 PM
Thanks Dexman,

We did replace the processor...we want to change out the backplane. Do you know if the 491E1 and 491D power supplies are swapable? Both cabinets have the 491E1 at this time. The replacement cabinets have 491D.

Thanks...
Posted By: dexman Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/31/13 12:05 AM
Are the current carriers plastic Legends or metal Magix? The E power supply was included with the Magix carriers (I think). Did the suspect phones get swapped with ones that do not freeze? eh
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/31/13 02:15 AM
I think they are the metal Magix in place now. I'll check...and I'll have to see about the ones we're looking at getting to see if they are plastic Legend or metal Magix...

No phones have been swapped yet. They seem to operate fine when not locking up.

Are the two carriers interchangable?
Posted By: dexman Re: Magix/Legend R3 phones locking up - 05/31/13 02:47 AM
In order to use a Legend carrier, the modules will need to be enclosed in plastic shells. But....before swapping out the power supplies & carriers.....I would first swap phones & inspect wiring. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help