atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ToddG clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/23/12 03:55 PM
The time on my customer's ACS R6 keeps falling back 1 hour. This happens repeatedly about 15 min. after I set the correct time in the system. And it happens regardless of whether auto DST is enabled or disabled. Just changed the two AAA batteries as well. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/23/12 04:42 PM
Get to the carrier that is supplying CID and reset their clock. We had a VoIP line that was "clock challenged" and ended up having to log into the box and reprogram the observe DST feature.

Carl
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/23/12 04:50 PM
ToddG, the ole original ACS R.6 didn't have the "set time off of CID" built in, so it sounds like someone has flashed you R.6 to either a "S" or "T" patch.

Best solutions would be to flash them back to the ole original R.6.

Do a "feature 59" form any display phone and tell us what appears on the display.
Posted By: ToddG Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 08:46 AM
PACS R6.0.B C01 is what is on the display.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ToddG:
PACS R6.0.B C01 is what is on the display.
Yep, someone has flash the processor with the "S" patch with the DST fix/patch. So your time is being set by the CID info.
Posted By: PENCOM Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 05:41 PM
Mdanial, if someone calls from say, a time zone that is 4 hours dif. will ther clock be off by 4 hrs?
Posted By: PENCOM Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 05:44 PM
I'm trying to help you get to the 10k mark!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 05:56 PM
Originally posted by PENCOM:
Mdanial, if someone calls from say, a time zone that is 4 hours dif. will ther clock be off by 4 hrs?
Not necessarily.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 06:00 PM
I'm trying to help you get to the 10k mark!
LOL!
Lot of hot air and so little to say...........Uh?
Posted By: hbiss Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 07:33 PM
The CID time displayed should be your local time even if the call is from a different time zone.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 03/26/12 07:57 PM
Originally posted by hbiss:
[b] Mdanial, if someone calls from say, a time zone that is 4 hours dif. will ther clock be off by 4 hrs?
The CID time displayed should be your local time even if the call is from a different time zone.

-Hal [/b]
That should always be true, but sadly it isn't.
Posted By: ToddG Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/02/12 07:55 PM
Thanks for that info. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the carrier to take ownership of this? When I report this issue, they either claim never to have heard of the problem, or they use their preprogrammed response "it must be a problem with your equipment."
Posted By: hbiss Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/02/12 08:17 PM
Synching the time to the CID might have seemed like a good idea to Avaya when they were screwing around trying to make the new DST schedule work for the R6. It only took them until the R7 to realize what you already know. So "it must be a problem with your equipment" isn't a wrong answer.

Unfortunately going back to the original R6 will take care of that problem but you might miss some functions that the upgrades added such as CID being passed by the messaging system to the transfered extensions.(I think that was added in a patch.)

If it were me I would upgrade them to an R8 and turn off the CID time synch.

-Hal
Posted By: ToddG Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/02/12 08:28 PM
Hal,

PACS R6.0.B C01 is what is on the display when I press F59. How do I revert the processor back to original R6 settings?

thanks
Posted By: mdaniel Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/02/12 08:55 PM
Originally posted by ToddG:
Hal,

PACS R6.0.B C01 is what is on the display when I press F59. How do I revert the processor back to original R6 settings?

thanks
You will need to "flash" the ole R.6 back to the original R.6.
If you need help with that, please let us known.
Posted By: hbiss Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/02/12 09:26 PM
How do I revert the processor back to original R6 settings?

Not really revert like it's still there. You are going to have to get the original R6 software and reload it. Mike can help you.

-Hal
Posted By: ToddG Re: clock changing on ACS R6.0 - 04/03/12 03:13 PM
I was able to get the carrier to log into their router and apply the correct time zone setting, which has fixed the problem. Thanks everyone for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help