atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Partner and answering mode - 07/14/11 01:21 PM
I have a customer that has a partner ACS rel 6 with a messaging card. When their phones start ringing and they are busy they want to hit a button on the phone and have the call put on hold and says " thanks for holding someone will be with you in a moment or press 1 to leave a message". Anything like this available?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner and answering mode - 07/14/11 01:43 PM
Not really, an ASA card can answer and put them on hold, but not leave a message. DXD is like the auto attendant, will answer, play a message, caller can ial an extension, or time out to ring ext. 10.

Auto attendant is the same, but let's say Selector Code 1 goes to an extension with VMS cover set to 1, ext. 10 does NOT have VMS coverage, and the transfer return rings is turned off, as well as ringing on transfer set to Not Active. Call is answered, caller hears message, stays on line, hears MOH while only Ext. 10 rings until answered. If they press 1, call is transferred to a different extension that has its voicemail answer after the 1st ring.
can the function of the asa be turned on and off? Or is it set to answer after so many rings. I can live without the message leaving option.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner and answering mode - 07/15/11 01:12 PM
I can live without the message leaving option.

When their phones start ringing and they are busy they want to hit a button on the phone and have the call put on hold and says " thanks for holding someone will be with you in a moment...

Sounds like all you need is an on-hold player with a generic "thanks for holding, someone will be with you in a moment" message.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner and answering mode - 07/15/11 08:04 PM
Originally posted by High Mesa Communications:
can the function of the asa be turned on and off? Or is it set to answer after so many rings. I can live without the message leaving option.
Yeah, you can have a button on X10 to turn ASA/DXD on or off.
They want to be able to direct a call to on-hold from any phone WITHOUT answering it. But they do not want to remember to set it back to ringing the phones after the call. If the partner won't do it will anything else. Someone told him a NEC could handle this.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Partner and answering mode - 07/18/11 08:23 PM
Did they mention which NEC? I know of plenty of systems that can overflow to a call que, but not sure if there is one where they can just press a button and send the call.
That's what I thought, set the system to answer after 4 rings, but that is not what they want. the guy is being difficult and he told his employees that he will get what he wants, so it has become an ego thing now.
On the ASA card,(been putting in avaya systems for 20 years and never used a ASA card), does it have it's own message "thanks for holding....." or does it use the music on hold? Is the ringing set different than the AA? does it put the caller on exclusive hold or system hold?
Posted By: dude Re: Partner and answering mode - 08/01/11 03:17 PM
this is not exactly what you describe, but merlin magix with messaging could come close, using a single separate unused telephone to switch on the delay announcement. i'm not sure that activating night service during an already ringing call would redirect the call to a delay announcement with transfer to voice mail option. these things would need to be tested before offering them. this condition would also need to be manually turned off. you have not mentioned any existing night service.
talk to a good programmer about delay announcements with transfer to voice mail option and the night service function too...mel
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner and answering mode - 08/01/11 03:39 PM
Originally posted by High Mesa Communications:
On the ASA card,(been putting in avaya systems for 20 years and never used a ASA card), does it have it's own message "thanks for holding....." or does it use the music on hold? Is the ringing set different than the AA? does it put the caller on exclusive hold or system hold?
When an outside call rings on a line programmed with Automatic System Answer, the system answers it after a specified number of rings and plays a short user-recorded greeting (20 second announcement) to the caller. Then, the system does one of the following:
Places the call on hold at extension 10 (the outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is available)
Continues to ring all extensions that have access to the line (the outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is available)
Disconnects the call

Direct Extension Dial permits an outside caller to dial an extension or Hunt Group directly, without the aid of the operator. With Release 3.0 or later, DXD calls also can be transferred directly into a Calling Group. When an outside call rings on a line programmed with Direct Extension Dial, the system picks it up after a specified number of rings and plays a short message (40 second announcement) prompting the caller to dial the digits of the designated extension, Hunt Group, or Calling Group.

Partner ACS ASA/DXD Card Compatibility
Compatible with Partner ACS Release 2.0 or higher
So the ASA hold does not follow the system reminder ring timer? I really do not want the phones ringing after the call is put on hold. DXD function would be no different than the existing AA.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner and answering mode - 08/02/11 05:20 PM
If you set the ASA mode to Hold, the call will stop ringing while the message is being played, then it will blink on hold, Green at Ext. 10, Red everywhere else, and 10 will beep every 60 seconds to remind you that there is a call on hold.

If you set the ASA mode to Ring. the call will continue to ring while the message is being played, and it will continue to ring on all the sets that have the line set to ring.

If you set the ASA mode to Disconnect, the call will stop ringing while the message is being played, and the call will drop at the end.

If the first 2 cases, if you have MOH, the caller will hear it, even though in the 2nd case the call is still ringing on the sets
The hold mode sounds like the answer. Thanks TTT, sharp as always.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help