atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PMCook Warranty repairs - 02/28/11 09:29 PM
Have a failing Partner VM bought 11 months ago. I suspect a failing hard drive. It was bought through Jenne in Ohio. Do I start witht hem for warranty repair/replace or is there another procedure.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 05:30 AM
After 30 days of original purchase you will need to RMA it through Avaya.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 06:42 AM
Are you an authorized Avaya Business Partner?

-Hal
Posted By: PMCook Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 08:17 AM
No I am just an installer. I am having no luck getting this process started. From what I gather from the Avaya site I need a "sold to number" which I cannot get because I am not a business partner. There isn't even a product support option that I have found yet.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 08:24 AM
have you asked Jenne ?
Posted By: KENB Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 08:27 AM
You should go back to Jenne with your issue
and quickly as the warranty is almost up If you were given a 1 year warranty.

Unless something dramatically changed you always
go back to the seller first
Posted By: PMCook Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 08:31 AM
I've got an email in to Jenne. No response yet. Guess I'll have to call.
Posted By: KENB Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 08:35 AM
You should bring this up a couple of clicks

"squeaky wheel "

A documented phone call would be a plus.
Posted By: PMCook Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 05:22 PM
My distributor is a value added reseller as well and they sell a lot of Avaya products including the IP Office, plus Cisco products and a dozen others. You'll just have to accept the fact that it's perfectly OK. I do this work for them under the agreement that I deal directly with the customer. You might be interested to know this is the FIRST warranty issue since I began doing work for them 4 years ago. In fact I have NEVER before had a warranty Avaya issue in the 12 years I have been working with their products.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Warranty repairs - 03/01/11 05:29 PM
They did not sell to me. They sold to my distributor who sold it directly to my client and I installed it.
then your involvement should end right there I would tell the customer ." Its still hanging on the wall and installed properly when you get the replacement let me know and I'll schedule a service call to install it"

no way would I handle a warranty for a item I didn't sell ...taking care of warranty is part of what the mark up covers
Posted By: justbill Re: Warranty repairs - 03/03/11 06:23 AM
This topic in it's entirety has been moved to Installers
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help