atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mongo5150 Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/15/10 07:41 PM
https://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100089943
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/15/10 09:34 PM
Yet another brilliant decision, right behind their discontinuation of the Magix. Want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn, Avaya?

Seriously, I understand why manufacturers do these things. They are trying to force the existing base of end-users into their "latest and greatest" products. Panasonic is notorious for this. I get that part. What they are missing is that they are forcing their dedicated base of dealers, installers, trunkers, whatever to learn a new product. Many aren't willing to stick with them when they are given the "sharp stick in the eye" from someone who they have so strongly supported.

Time will tell I suppose.
Posted By: dexman Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/15/10 09:46 PM
Time to stock up on Partner ACS hardware to support existing customers. frown

This is really sad, but most of us knew the end was coming.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 06:55 AM
I didnt think it was coming for at least another year.

The crap of it is, I think that Avaya thinks, they have a feasable solution with the IPO Partner version. That is THE BIGGEST load of crap.
Partner version of IPO....18 Partner phones....CAN NOT use those ETR cards on the IP Office version...
WHERE THE *&^*^&% is the migration path...

Biggest load of BS on the face of this planet, INCLUDING THE GULF OIL SPILL!
Posted By: DT98 Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 10:17 AM
So if I understand correctly...the IPO Partner version cards/equipment cannot carry over/upgrade to the IP Office version??

Does the IPO Partner have any analog ports?

Thanks...I agree, it does suck...
Posted By: djweis Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 12:16 PM
I was told buy an anonymous Avaya booth person at a conference that the IP Office version of the software would at some point support the ETR card.
Posted By: dexman Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 02:44 PM
I guess, for the time being, going from a traditional Partner ACS to IP Office is a "forklift" upgrade.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 03:17 PM
IMHO It's B as in B...S as in S...What a waste of time..we had something good that we could sell in the market that was price competitive and "poof"
Sometimes I think they are their own worst enemy !!!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/16/10 06:35 PM
Another GREAT system bites the dust.
I've done IP Office Partner Edition, it's ok,not great but ok.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/17/10 06:15 AM
Wow...
What phones does the ETR card support?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/17/10 08:04 AM
Just Partner ETR phones. 6d, 18d and 34D
As well as the cordless 3xxx series.
Posted By: dexman Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/17/10 04:21 PM
Ron Rogers is reported to have said that some suppliers are no longer able to provide parts for the Partner ACS. So rather than redesigning the existing system, Avaya went with the Partner version of the IP Office.

Avaya knows that the IP Office Partner Edition isn't where it needs to be. The company will be enhancing the system in the months to come.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner ACS Retired!! - 06/17/10 04:26 PM
I would think they would make sure the migration works with all the features before moth balling the ACS, but that may just make to much sense.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help