atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: karo auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 08:53 AM
Can someone help me, I have just recently returned to our company to work and while I was gone they purchased a avaya partner phone system. My brother in law who is no longer here programmed a message for the auto answer part. We need to change that and we can't get it to change. It also goes to an extension after his initial message and we don't want that either. I have read the manuals, cd and looked on the internet and its sooo complicated and nothing has worked as of yet. Thanks
Posted By: Spuds Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 09:18 AM
Is the Auto answer part an Automated Attendant or is this a DXD card?

Mike
Posted By: hbiss Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 09:55 AM
Who did they purchase it from? Seems to me that they would be the ones to help you with this. No offense, but it doesn't look like you even know how your system is configured. The Partner has several equipment options that will do what you describe. The Partners are not all the same and you will have to tell us what it was supplied with.

-Hal
Posted By: karo Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 12:22 PM
it would have to be part of the automated attendant because it did give me the message no asa/dxd card and we didn't buy the maintenance plan and when I called they said it would be $600 per hour to help me
Posted By: hbiss Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 01:01 PM
Well, we're alot cheaper. I'm going to assume that you don't have the admin password to get into the messaging system so you can change the main menu? Do you know how to do that?

I think at this point we are going to turn you over to Mike. He's also in Kansas and an Avaya BP. Let him contact you and work with you on getting this resolved.

-Hal
Posted By: karo Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 01:10 PM
ok, that would be good, the only password I have is the preset one, thanks
Posted By: hbiss Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 02:18 PM
Preset one?

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 03:04 PM
PM sent to karo.
Posted By: karo Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 03:27 PM
well, the one that they tell you to use to go into autoprogramming until you reset your own
Posted By: hbiss Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 03:35 PM
That would be a DEFAULT password. smile

-Hal
Posted By: karo Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 04:21 PM
I guess if you have someone that could call me, that would be great, I'm knew to this, how do I get him my number?? Maybe he could call after tomorrow as I won't be able to give it any time tomorrow, thanks
Posted By: mdaniel Re: auto answer on avaya partner phones - 11/10/08 04:35 PM
Check your PM's karo.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help