atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MrZamn Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 06:25 AM
I'm sure there have been threads with this discussion, however, being pressed for an answer I have to ask...
I have a Partner ACS 7.0 with a 2port voicemail on ext. 78 and 79. When night service is active, calls still are not being answered. the two voicemail extensions are programed in the night service group.
Can someone please advise on what features still need to be verified. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 06:32 AM
Also thanks to MDaniel and his company for assisting with the voicemail password reset. Unfortunately, I was misinformed about the problems there before they had the service done through you guys.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 07:20 AM
I really don't know if it will actually make a difference because you are probably the first person to do it, but 78 and 79 should not be in #504.

I'm assuming that you want calls only answered by the AA at night? Check your settings for #506 for the schedule and #505 for the number of rings.

-Hal
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 08:14 AM
Thanks Hal. Yes for the most part they just want the phones to be answered by voicemail whenever they press the night service button. It's currently set under #506 as always with 2 rings for pickup. Is there any additional info I'm leaving out?
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 08:39 AM
Do you have a T1 and/or DID or just POTS lines?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 08:43 AM
Do you have your CO lines assigned to #206, group 7?

78 and 79 get assigned to 505, group 7. It should pick up.

The thought does occur, what VM are you using? I'm assuming the PCMIA card that goes in the slot on the ACS. That would be 78 and 79. If you are not using that what are you using?

-Hal
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 08:59 AM
Dagwood,
Just POTS Lines.
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 09:01 AM
HBiss,
I need to verify if CO are set that way.
They have a voicemail card in slot 3. If I'm not mistaken. This may require another onsite.

I really appreciate the help so far.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 09:14 AM
If they have a VM mod in carrier slot three then we need to talk. We need to know what other mods are in slots 1 and 2. 78 and 79 will not be the VM ports.

This system is operational except for the VM?

-Hal
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 10:22 AM
Yes,
Beginning with the processor (I believe is slot 0) they are numbered left to right 1-4 (5 slot carrier). So then it should be slot 2. I definitely know the VM ports are 78 and 79. they have a 206 card in slot 1.
I don't want to keep asking questions with out giving definite responses though. I'll be onsite later on this week. That way I can respond properly.

I do have enough to check just from the info you'vegiven me so far. I'll try the suggestions and update you today.
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 10:25 AM
Also to confirm, the system is operational and messages can be left in mailboxes when calls are dialed internally.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 11:08 AM
If the messaging system is in a slot in the carrier the ports CANNOT be 78 and 79. 79 and 79 are ONLY for one of two available PCMCIA card messaging systems (Partner PVM) that get inserted directly into one of the ACS PCMCIA card slots.

Take a good look at the system and tell me what is in slot 2, also the PC card slots on the ACS.

I would also take a look at #505,7 to see if any other ports are assigned besides 78 and 79, particularly 25 and 26 or 29 and 30.

-Hal
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 12:53 PM
Hbiss.
Great. It's been a couple of years since I did this every day, and you definitely have confirmed a lot for me. Evidently according to the customer, their night service has not worked since they changed locations, so I am going to customize their VM to function on a more efficient basis for them. Really great pointers here. Thanks for now.

I may still have a few questions to run by you tomorrow if that's ok?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 01:39 PM
I'm not going anyplace.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/10/08 05:03 PM
Good to hear from you Mr Z.
Sorry, but Ive been out on the road today with limited Internet access.
I will PM you my direct contact info.
If there is anything I can do to help you.......just give me a call.

Thanks,
Posted By: MrZamn Re: Night Service Pickup - 03/11/08 07:00 AM
HBiss. You hit the nail on the head. The problem was in fact #206. There were no CO lines programmed for group 7. As soon as we turned those up, night service kicked on. You guys are great and thanks for your advice and troubleshooting tips. Hands down you guys are the best.

Take care.

P.S. Hey Mike. Thanks for checking in.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help