atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jperrine Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 09:54 AM
I have a Partner Messaging r1.0 voicemail system on a Partner ACS switch. We're trying to create voicemail boxes for guest users. We've been successful up through extension 57. After 58 the voicemail boxes seem to create successfully but you can't transfer, copy definitions, or dial (from the intercom) the mailbox. You get an error tone when doing so.

Anyone have any thoughts on what we may be doing incorrectly on the setup?

Thanks!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 10:33 AM
With the messaging r1 you should be able to put in 200 mailbox's and either tell them they have a station associated with them or not but they will only go up to 57 as far as for extensions.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: jperrine Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 10:57 AM
We're assigning them the Systems Administration module, extension, add new extension. We've selected the option that indicates a phone is not present.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 11:28 AM
What error tone are you getting a busy or what?
Posted By: jperrine Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 11:48 AM
The error tone is fast busy.
Posted By: gkar Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 04:25 PM
I thought the partner ACS only had extensions 10-49 +8 for VM max
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 04:41 PM
Du, I don't know what I was thinking you are correct, 10-49 +8. 58 and up is a no go, they will act like they are built but will not work as there is no number plan in the R7 to support them.

Sorry that I miss-informed you jperrine, some times I go out in left field and play with the squirrels.

Thanks for call me on that gkar.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 05:05 PM
You need to talk to Touch Tone Tommy. I know he has a workaround for this but I can't remember what it was.

-Hal
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 05:10 PM
I recall him having a work around also perhaps he will chime in and enlighten us.
Hi guys -

To transfer to a guest mailbox that is outside of the extension range of the Partner, you need to transfer the caller to 777. Wait for the VM to answer and ask you to log in to check messages. Then dial *8 (transfer) and the guest mailbox number. Hang up quick, or YOU'LL be transferred to the mailbox, instead of the caller.
Posted By: jperrine Re: Partner Messaging R1.0 guest mailbox - 03/29/05 07:08 PM
Thanks, guys. So if I'm understanding correctly, Partner Messaging supports 200 mailboxes, the actual Partner ACS system can only address 57. So you have to use a workaround to transfer to the others.

I'll give it a try tomorrow on the system. Thanks again for the help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help