atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aweaver Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 09/10/09 08:40 AM
Need a bunch of FXS ports behind your Allworx system? No problem! The Cisco SPA8000 makes a great gateway for use with Allworx. It provides hunt group capability and CPC disconnect supervision. Users on the Cisco can park calls by hitting flash 700; Allworx will announce the park location or dial a park location number to retrieve parked calls. Email us if you need detailed configuration instructions. We did all the testing here in our lab.
Posted By: johhz Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 09/10/09 06:03 PM
Thanks for the great info. I would like the config settings
Posted By: brianl703 Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 09/16/09 02:57 PM
The SPA8000 is configured much like the PAP2, isn't it?
Posted By: aweaver Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 09/23/09 07:15 AM
Yes. They're both Sipura products I believe. SPA is an 8 FXS with the added function of hunt groups. Hunt groups allow you to create your own line rollover sequence behind a single SIP registration. We have also been using this gateway with ITSPs such as nexvortex.com
Posted By: GTech Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 10/06/09 06:21 PM
So we can use the Cisco SPA8000 analog port for faxes and have the SIP DID's point to the faxes and work w/o glitches? Looking for a way to eliminate the hard wired fax lines. Thanks.
Posted By: brianl703 Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 10/06/09 08:20 PM
If it supports the T.38 protocol then faxing should work reliably.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 10/07/09 04:57 AM
Just because the system supports the SIP DID's or T.38 does not necessarily mean the SIP carrier will support faxing over their network. Make sure they do.

Steve
Posted By: aweaver Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 12/07/09 11:42 AM
Here's a quote from the manual. We have not tested it, so I can't speak from field experience.

"Note: One fax machine is connected to each pair of ports to illustrate that only one T.38 connection is supported by each of the four pairs of RJ-11 ports. Up to four T.38 fax machines can be connected to the SPA8000, but they must be connected on every other port as shown."
Posted By: aweaver Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 12/07/09 12:17 PM
We finished testing today with the SPA8800 (4) FXS and (4) FXO gateway. PM me if you wish to have the integration notes.
Posted By: jtwiford Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 02/11/10 07:22 AM
I have installed a Cisco SPA8000 connected to a
Linksys WRT54g router. I put the SPA8000 in a DMZ.
The ITSP is Nexvortex. I can make calls fine with
good audio both ways. When incoming calls are answered the audio is 1 way (can't hear the caller).
Would changing to the WRT54gl fix this? I noticed on a Linksys forum that SPI may be a cause for this problem. This is the 1st SPA8000 I've installed.
Posted By: Kumba Re: Allworx and Cisco SPA8000 - 02/11/10 06:29 PM
Here is the order that I would recommend you try things:

The problem is more then likely the IP address that your SPA8000 is advertising in it's SIP and SDP messaging. I am not super-familiar with those devices but I imagine there is somewhere in it's config to type in the external IP address of your router. The problem with this is going to be you can only have 1 SIP endpoint behind the router without getting into some really neat (well, insane) router configs. If you know of a good working STUN server somewhere and/or the device already had one filled out but not enabled then that would also help fix the problem.

Second thing I would do is go into the WRT54GL and disable ANYTHING that is supposed to help "Fix" SIP. This almost always breaks it in my experience.

Third thing to try is setting a fixed RTP port-range for the SPA and then forwarding those UDP ports from the router interface to the SPA.

If none of the above works then it's time to break out wireshark and do some packet capture/analysis. smile

Hope that helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help