atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cmarin rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/12/09 11:21 AM
Hi,

I moved some 6 lines over the weekend- I rewired all six-terminated them exactly as they were before.
this is the problem: 3 work 3 dont-
3 that work are 2 analog one digital
3 that dont 2 analog one digital
I have the intertel eclipse 2 system
digital ohone is an intertel eclipse 2 associate model and the analog is a ISOETEL 84600 model 64
the analogs have the ISOETEL letters on the display and buttons flash on and off
the digital is just off.
is there something I can do from the phone or the intertel session manager to reset them?

thanks
Did you power down the system before rewiring?

You said you terminated them exactly as they were before. Are you sure you terminated it the same as before both at the backboard and at the jack?

Do the phones that don't work, work when you move them to one of the working jacks? When testing this, move the station cable along with the phone.
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/12/09 05:52 PM
no, i did not power down- the backboard stayed the same not rewired. and yes they work at the other jacks- this afternoon I re-punched the jacks- no change....
thanks
Posted By: RCA Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/12/09 06:13 PM
Have you tested the cabling from the jack to the backboard? Opened up the jacks to verify it's wiring?
Awesome. Rhett is here. He'll know more about the Eclipse than I will. I'm at a disadvantage as we don't work with them, but my fear is that you may have blown a fuse or fuses by not powering down the system before terminating the stations.
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/13/09 11:48 AM
where are the fuses located?
I have tested the cabling from the backboard to the jacks and there is conectivity....
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/13/09 03:51 PM
should i reboot the system?
Posted By: RCA Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/13/09 04:02 PM
I have tested the cabling from the backboard to the jacks and there is conectivity....

I'll assume that means the jacks and cabling are wired correctly.

should i reboot the system?

No, take a phone and punch it directly on the station port. If it works, then it's your wiring. If it doesn't work at the port then ok give it a reset.
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/13/09 04:52 PM
OK thanks will give it a try at 5am-

thanks a lot....
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/13/09 06:08 PM
If you are using a new Amp 66 block try rolling the pair on one of the ones that doesn't work I've had several of these blocks that I've had to roll a pair to get to work .... just a thought
Randy
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/14/09 08:34 AM
RCA:
the phones did not work directly from the station port-

MVSpeed:
roll a pair from where?
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/14/09 12:57 PM
Here is what I have done today:

I rewired the digital set it turns out I had one of the wires crossed- I corrected that and the phone works-

the other two: wiring is correct- since it only works on the blue pair on cat5 4 and 5 are the same on 568a and 568b- nothing to change there..... I reset the card- took it out for a minute- no change- any other ideas?
Check them at the frame with a butt set or a home made jack and wire with alligator clips and a known working analog set. (Hopefully it's a 66 type block) If no dial tone, swap cards with another like card if you have one.
Posted By: cmarin Re: rewiring intertel phones.....not working - 10/14/09 05:15 PM
And the analog phones were bad! dont know why they were just not working anymore! replaced them, all working now thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help