atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jaw4322 Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/28/11 11:54 AM
Hello

Anyone know where i can get the procomm voicemail app? Appreciate it.

Thanks

Joe
Posted By: 6string Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/28/11 12:14 PM
If I understand your question. Procomm is a terminal application and it's not proprietary to Sprint. You can also use hyperterminal to connect to the Protege Voice.

https://symantec-procomm-plus.software.informer.com/
Posted By: jaw4322 Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/28/11 12:38 PM
Hello

thank you for the reply. I didnt know that. Also the link you sent doesn't work. The download is not avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

joe
Posted By: 6string Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/28/11 04:34 PM
Sure, use hyperterminal or search the web for Procomm.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/29/11 04:25 PM
To program Protegé Voice, a communications software package is needed. The communications software must support TVI terminal emulation.

To set up the communications software, check serial port assignment to ensure that the right serial port is selected for your computer. From your communications software, you must select to operate your serial port at 9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits and 1 stop bit.

Connect the programming cable to your computer’s serial port. Connect the other end of the programming cable to the 9-pin serial connector of ProtegéVoice®

I do not believe Hyper-Terminal will work.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/30/11 08:03 AM
I dont think Putty will either
Posted By: jaw4322 Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/30/11 10:53 AM
Thanks guys. yeah those dont work. I cant find procomm on the net. Anyone have it?

Thanks

joe
Posted By: Butch Cassidy Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/30/11 12:14 PM
You also need to know what kind of serial cable to use. You need to know the pinout. Try a straight-through cable and then try a 'null modem' cable or adapter from Radio Shack. Use NO flow control. If this does not work try software flow control. Do not use hardware flow control; that uses additional wires. With no flow control, only 3 wires are used.

Also make sure your computer's terminal program is set to use the same port setting (COM1, COM2, etc.) as your serial port is actually using. Check Windows Device Manager to find out the COM setting your serial port is actually using. You can change either the serial port COM setting or the terminal program COM setting to make them match.
Posted By: 6string Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/30/11 12:23 PM
It's a straight through DB9 cable and hyperterminal and Procomm will work. I have used both for years on Protege Voice. There both terminal programs. If your using hyperterminal set the emulation to VT100,9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits and 1 stop bit.
Posted By: 6string Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/30/11 12:34 PM
Oh and I've only tried any of the previous suggestion on a PC with Windows 98 on it. I have never tried it with a newer Windows version.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 03/31/11 06:08 PM
PM Sent
Posted By: 6string Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 04/02/11 07:04 AM
Dean, I didn't get your PM.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Sprint Protege Procomm App - 04/02/11 04:11 PM
Another PM sent
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help