atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdaniel ESI SIP - 01/21/15 04:54 AM
Is anyone else having issues with ESI SIP?
Our last (2) cutovers have been a nightmare.
One customer got tired of waiting on an answer after a month of not being able to use their lines and the second is getting ready to do the same.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI SIP - 01/21/15 02:47 PM
Yeah, ESI SIP is not ready for "Prime Time." I think they are trying to do too much with technology that is not quite up to snuff. We encourage our customers that want SIP to wait until the service is stable.

Rcaman
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI SIP - 01/28/15 08:01 PM
Just curious, are we talking about their SIP trunks or their Hosted solution??

Walter
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI SIP - 01/29/15 02:47 PM
I assume Mdaniel and I are talking about the hosted solution. The ESI SIP hardware works very well.

Rcaman
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 05:30 AM
I'm talking about ESI SIP trunks connected to a ESI CS system.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 06:03 AM
The ol' ESI "bursting" spiel got you. I got burned doing SIP trunks on a Panasonic is 2010, been sticking with PRI ever since.
Posted By: oobie Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 12:43 PM
I haven't used it extensively but we have a little demo setup of the ESI Cloud product and it works pretty nicely! Haven't had any issues with it. I used it for about a week straight as my primary desk set and with the softphone running on my droid when I was out of the office.

We have their SIP trunks installed on a Ipitomy system that we (knock on wood) never hear from.

Gary
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by mdaniel

So your issue has to do with their deployment not the call quality etc??

I have only sold a couple and that part went smoothly. Since i didn't sell more they stopped paying me a commission per our agreement which has soured me on the whole thing.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 02:10 PM
OK. I'm confused. All our clients that are using SIP are all CS systems and the hardware works well IF you have the latest software. The cloud service has been problematic as it works well when it works but when it's down, and it seems to do that a lot, it's down and the client, unless equipped with a few POTS lines, is dead.

Rcaman
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rcaman
OK. I'm confused. All our clients that are using SIP are all CS systems and the hardware works well IF you have the latest software. The cloud service has been problematic as it works well when it works but when it's down, and it seems to do that a lot, it's down and the client, unless equipped with a few POTS lines, is dead.

Rcaman

He is talking about getting them deployed i think. Sounds like he can't get them installed.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI SIP - 01/30/15 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by mdaniel

go over to the dark side?? thumbsup
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ESI SIP - 02/04/15 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by upstateny

Rcaman

He is talking about getting them deployed i think. Sounds like he can't get them installed.

No problem getting the lines installed.
The problem is that the best calls sound like a poor cell phone connection at best.
LAN is running clean and site has good WAN bandwidth.

Also the remote location can grab DT from site A's copper POTS and make calls clear as a bell or call between sites.

The only problem is with the ESI SIP trunks at either site.

Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI SIP - 02/04/15 05:33 PM
OK. That's a different colored horse. First off, you must have the latest software cabinet release installed as the last version xx.5.55.2104 addressed, among other issues, SIP audio quality issues. Also, you must have the latest Tarball update for SIP trunks, version 1.1.1.19.

Rcaman
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ESI SIP - 02/11/15 02:01 AM
OK. That's a different colored horse. First off, you must have the latest software cabinet release installed as the last version xx.5.55.2104 addressed, among other issues, SIP audio quality issues. Also, you must have the latest Tarball update for SIP trunks, version 1.1.1.19.

Rcaman

Check
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI SIP - 02/11/15 05:13 PM
So, all the updates are installed and you are still experiencing poor call quality? If so, you need to call ESI and have them turn on debug and get a clear record of what is happening in the systems.

Rcaman
Posted By: ds1phones Re: ESI SIP - 07/25/15 02:16 PM
MDaniel,

Did you get this resolved? I was also going to ask if you had a good IT guy that could set up QOS for the voice traffic and see if that would help...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help